Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Mod : Brighten up clear fans

Options
  • 03-02-2004 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Im sure ppl have done this before but i just thought id post my expierances with painting some clear L.E.D fans,it's really simple to do and the result is quite good i think.

What u need
    Plasti-Kote "Green Glow" Enamal Paint
    The Fan,Clear Fans with L.E.D's work best
    Paintbrush
    white spirits/paint thinner

BlueLEDFan1.jpg

Blue L.E.D fan only bout E10

GreenGlowPaint2.jpg

I bought the paint in B&Q they also had bright orange,and blue paints.Only E4 a pot

FannPaint3.jpg

I found that 1 coat is not enough so i did one coat on each side of the fan blades,and it turned out well

fans4.jpg

I plan to get the other colour paints and maybe paint each fan blade a diff colour.Or paint the middle of the fan one colour and the blades another,theres a lot of combinations,like the bottom left fan- the blades could be blue and fan casing orange or wotever.

Also i have to say this paint does NOT glow in the dark but it gets very bright under a cold cathode,and as you can see the led's in the fan brighten it up a lot anyway. Btw the top right fan has not been painted - just to show the difference.

:)
    CombatCow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Wicked!!

If you have your computer in your bedroom and leave it on all night i say they be a nice glow on the walls, or at least your room will seem bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

My fans are really loud!! I've got 2 inflow and 2 exhaust on my new transparent machine and the noise is deafening! What db do I need to go under to make them 'silent'?

I want to use ones with LED's (got a real nice multi colour as the exhaust) but they are all quite loud....

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

any fan with a dBA rating under 20ish should be nice and quiet.

Advertisement