Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling championship manager !!!!!!

Options
  • 03-02-2004 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Taken from http://reservoirdubs.com

Lads.

The day of days has finally arrived.

Since November I've been trying to develop an online GAA-related club management game and it's finally done. Although there may be a few bugs yet the game engine itself is working pretty well and I'd love you lot to try it out to see what you think.

First off the game is based on hurling.

When you register (for free of course) you get a panel of 25 fictional players. Now once you register it may take a while for the game engine to put together your panel and so on so don't panic if it doesn't work straightaway.

The key to the game is training your players and deciding on style of play etc along with giving tactical instructions, but the real key is deciding on and picking your team, playing to your strengths etc.

You have to take a look at your player's abilities and then decide on their best position.

In later versions of the game that I hope to bring out there will be competitions and so on but for the moment there's just a leader board and a system where you need to challenge other players to games.

The game engine is set to trigger at 11pm every night but you can play as many games as you like each day once people accept your challenges etc.

The game engine decides on results and generates a little textual report but don't worry about that it's only window dressing. The engine also generates a report on how each player has done in the position they were selected in, this is important for future reference etc.

Before you do anything after registering I'd advise people to have a look at the help section so you know what you're doing at least to some extent.

The game is a bit rough around the edges so far but I think it might prove interesting to people anyway.

My own team is Dinamo Turmakeady so if anyone wants to challenge me in particular they can do so. As an added incentive two county managers and six journalists so far have registered teams. I can't reveal their teams of identities but this might make it that bit more interesting.

Anyway have a look and see what you think?

Any problems, suggestions, whatever email me as usual richardbehal@gaelicgazette.com

Here's the link:

http://www.gaelicgazette.com/themanwiththehat/index.php

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    well played that man

Advertisement