Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying licence?

Options
  • 03-02-2004 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Might not be the correct place to post this but just wondering does anyone know where or how much it is to begin flying lessons? What is needed for a licence etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

been looking at that myself. is a bit pricey depending how quick u want to get it done.
    the national flight center offer the private pilots licence from weston airport (in leixlip i think).

You need 45 hours of flight minimum @ €145 per hour which is the bulk of the cost.
    There's also the ground classes and materials etc.. but they're not too expensive.

If your down cork way its a bit cheaper €110 euro (save at least €1500).
    Check out http://www.southaer.com/

Anyone know any cheaper locations???

I've attached the info from the national flight center for any interested ppl. (and no i don't work for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Ulrtraflight Flight Training in Abbeyshrule, €90 per lesson, €50 for trial flight. They use an Urban Air microlight aircraft, looks impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

contact details for Ultraflight:

North Hangar
    Abbeyshrule Airport
    Co. Longford

Tel: +353-(0)44-57777

Fax: +353-(0)44-57778

Email: ultraflight@eircom.net

www.eircom.net/~ultraflight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

welll.... if you want to do it as a carrier i have a frienbd who is learning in south africa and put it like this, he saves enough to move thier and live.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I did my Flight school in Bankstown Australia

http://www.basair.com.au/

Very reputable company and far cheaper than studying in Ireland ,

Very busy Airport so plenty of radio/ nav practice, and plenty of planes to choose from , weathers great and surf's always up

Prices at the time were amazing but check the site to see what they are now , and there is accommodation available in the Airport grounds (hostel / own room)

And grouping your flying lessons in one go is by far the best way to do it , rather than every weekend in expensive Ireland , which adds to the thinking that you should go abroad if your that interested.

Take it easy
    Capt. Fionn

ATIS Received

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thinking bout that meself. me mate done it in waterford and kilkenny a few years ago he was saying dont learn in waterford there a bit over strict he was saying kilkenny is a very good place to go because there stern but fair.

Advertisement