Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "who would win"

Options
  • 03-02-2004 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

like in the last thread, Except instead of the Federation , how about 2 groups that hate each other more , An all our War between the Romulans and Klingon Empire? This time we will give it a timeline , lets say.............Season 1 of Ds9, the Cardassians pull out of the Bajoran system, the Federation is not asked to help with the Bajoran govt , the Bajoran govt feels it can stand on its own 2 feet, dispite the Plants Massive Problems. On seeing this weakness both the Klingons and Romulans decide to move into the region to calim it as their own. Seeing this the Feds break the allience with the Klingons, and so a War starts between the Romulans and Klingons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Thats a hard one.........

The rommys would win id say.....The tal shar would be a massive edge plus their ships are powerful more so than most of the klingon fleet.They also have better cloaks such as the ones on the scimitar

Ya id say the rommys would win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

During that time period a win for the klingons i would say, although the klingons didnt have neg`ver ships back then and warbirds would rip through Vorc`ha class ships

Hey Biz he said season 1 DS9 timeline so no semitar yet :(

you people really have a hard on for the klingons today dont ye :eek:

The scimitar and the cloak technology must be in devoplement already

the klingons have notting to take on the warbirds at that time they couldnt win

well i said that about the warbird. Im just going to stay 50/50 on this one. Its way to close to call. The roms have better ships the klings have better warriors.

We dont know much about romulan ground troops except that they force remen into fighting ground battles and they are very skilled.

it doesnt matter how good your troops are if Warbirds are destroying your warships and convoys left right and center....They would have no way to attack the rommys

• Advertisement

If klingons consider it honerable to die and take a enemy with you couldent they just send 100`s of BOPs on suicide ramming missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I would say the romulans would win hands down better ships more intelligent better resourses and they dont have rival houses fighting one another! but the main question is would they have survived the dominion with out the alliance of federation and klingons?

although it was the emesary was the one to find the worm hole the dominion were going to find it sooner or later!

so to recap

Romulans win but the dominion find the worm hole and kill them all :¬)

That is actually a VERY VERY good what if question.

What is sisko had died during Wolf359?

The wormhole was never discoverd
    Cardassia never fell
    Feds/klings never broke there pease treaty.
    shinzon might not have risen to power.
    data might still be allive.

Sisko is much MUCH more important than i thought

Dax found the wormhole

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

under who's orders?

• Advertisement

under her and siskos ..i cant remember what was happing in the first ep of ds9 it was years since i seen it but as i remember Dax and sisko found the wormhole while doing something that had to be done.......If sisko wasnt their it would of still been found i think because they wherent out looking for a wormhole......if you get what i mean :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the scimitar is a reman ship and thus nought to do with the romulans, they don't own it, arent' developing it no nothing about it and there is only 1 which is currently in very small pieces :)

hard one to call as well but i kinda like the romulans and there ships so we'll go with that but saying that they did seem to come one of the worst out of the war after being in it for the shortest time so maybe they just suck in general and the klingons would kick there ass

B and B said the klingons lost most of their militry and only the rommies and feds where left as "MAJOR" powers ....Plus to explan the warbird loses they said their where different type's of warbirds some with a god awful amonth of weapions some with out

Plus as you know theirs NO WAY you could build a ship the size and advanced as the scimitar with out most if not all the technology haveing been developed before hand ....Also its very likely the scimitar is a romulan design ship that they where thinking of building before/dureing the war but couldnt be arsed because of the size and cost

and shouldnt you be at college

i am at college working hard as you can see

the tech for the scimitar may have been developed before hand but i doubt it was developed by romulans and they seemed to keep the thingy bloody well hidden for something of its size and what not so god only know what else they can do.

the klingons will rebuild and quickly i say they've been lashing out those birds of prey for years down to a fine art i say they have it. (time for a new bird of prey i think but thats another thread).

and the klingons prob lost most of their military as they where in it much longer in the conflict than the romulans, while the federation we have established are stronger then the klingons anyway which explains why they are still a major power

The Federasion has a massive empire and many many planets so near unlimited resource's They also had 20,000 warships if not many more (i think they had upwords of 50,000 myself) but lost a lot of them but more than likely have 7,000-21,000 left at the end of the war depending on the real numbers of the fleet

Klingons had to have had a smaller militry than the feds starting out (as its pritty clear the fed is the super power) and it was said they would take nearly 10 years to rebuild.....Which isnt that much when you think about it so either their very good at bashing out ships off all sizes (unlikely) or their militry is just small

as for the scimitar ....i really douth a bunch of slaves could A . Design the ship B.Build the thing and C.learn to fly the thing with out outside help
    i am at college working hard as you can see

Im shocked a lazy student.......who would of guessed

Shinzon had romulan colabarators he said that they spent "so many years for this day" From building the semitar at a secreat base. So i do doubt that it is 100% remen tech.

Also do we actually know how large romulan space is? the feds/klingons have a border but have either the feds or klingons sent ships all the way into the beta quadrent to find out how far the empire expands into beta and also look for potental allies.

no one even knows what the real size of the klingon's borg cardies founders breen space is never mind the romulans

Well we know the real size of cardassian space. About 1 star ststem lol

Why didnt we discuss the Kvo`rt class BOP? It is a powerfull ship fast heavley armoured also remember that the klingons could easley out manover the larger slugish romulan ships.

the big ass bop was only ever seen 2 times i douth they have many of them ...Klingons seem to favour the smaller bop and the vorcha

Martock the emperor seems to love them with him as emperor i would say they will mass produce them

Also remember when Martock was general of the entire klingon/romulan/Federation 5th fleet. He still took a Kvo`rt instead of a negv`ar. He is a VERY experienced general he probbley took that class of ship for a reason

• Advertisement

i always think these numbers bandied about are massive estimates and those reman slaves seemed well able to control run the ship so i wouldn't underestimate there ability to manufacture it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

no one mentioned klingon intellegence...

tal shiar are well know..so are the obsidion order....

but its the ones that you dont here that are the ones to watch out for... section 31 being a prime example of how an undercover org that can cause havoc...

I only remember 2 episodes with a klingon spy...and it was the same opretive... :ninja:

answers on a postcard please :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

TNG final episode, the Klingons had conqured the Romulan Empire....

However I couldn't imagine how that could happen so I'll say the Romulans, they're ruthless! :D

It is just too close to call. A reference was made before that the klingon/federation alliance is the only thing keeping the romulans in check. (LoL all those references to romulans and chess)

I would probbley go for a romulan victory , i orginaley said klingons because there ships can so easley out-manover the larger romulan warbirds

Martock the emperor seems to love them with him as emperor

where are you getting that from? Martocks ship was a 100 meter long Bop not a kvork
    there ships can so easley out-manover the larger romulan warbirds

no one knos that either tbh Warbirds seemed well able to move their fat ass dureing ep's we seen them in

Martoks ships looked like a BOP but was definatley a Kvort. A BOP has a crew of 12. Martoks ship had allot more than 12 sure in 1 episode they got 7 new crew members all rookies

we havent seen much of warbirds manovering but i very much doubt they could match klingon ships in manoverbality

Advertisement