Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literally burning CDs...

Options
  • 02-02-2004 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

On my travels searching google I cam accross this web page. It's about copying CDs using Toasters!! and Microwaves!! Does his actually work. I wouldn't try it but it's very interesting. Check it out and tell me what you think! Thanx

!!Click here to view the web page I'm on about!!

Also vote in the POLL above.

Do you think using a toaster or microwave to copy cds would work? 29 votes

I haven't tried but I think it would work
    0% 0 votes
    I haven't tried it but i don't think it would work
    17% 5 votes
    I have tried it and knows it works
    51% 15 votes
    I have tried it and it doesn't work
    31% 9 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

so wat ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

wow this is amazing. just wondering though. if you set the timer higher on the toaster does that reduce the errors? this applies to the microwave also. surely a higher power setting would decrease the burn time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Seriously, anyone who even tries that is just plain stupid. Crash and burn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No seriously, please do try copying CDs with your microwave.
    To ensure decent DAE* speeds, stand directly in front of the glass and thrust your crotch closer.
    The electromagnetic flux created by the interaction of your testes and the high-frequency energy field will surely be of great benefit to mankind.

*DAE Dumb Ass Erradication

• Advertisement

Well said, well said indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Brainiacs on sky one put something different into a microwave each week. On one such week they put a cd into it. It just looked like a miny lightning storm inside the microwave. Very colorful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

this is weird. i put my windows cd in with a blank in the toaster. i left it for 4 mins (i reckoned that 1.5 on the toaster was a transfer rate of 150MBs per min). when i took them out they were kinda....... melted. i think think the cdrs i'm using might be dodgy.

how do you get around the copy protect?

Originally posted by quarryman
    this is weird. i put my windows cd in with a blank in the toaster. i left it for 4 mins (i reckoned that 1.5 on the toaster was a transfer rate of 150MBs per min). when i took them out they were kinda....... melted. i think think the cdrs i'm using might be dodgy.

how do you get around the copy protect?

:p Funny **** man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

ive put cds into microwaves before. its bloody cool looking! smells like sh*t after though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

OMFG, this actually works! Im on my 7th disk in under 11 minutes.

Using TDK 74-MIN's and a Kenwood 2ST-m4 and medium power with warming rack off.

The force is strong in you :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Save time - get a spindle of CD's put the master on top.

It's obviously working off reflections off the pits. The trick is to disable the turntable otherwise the inteference patterns are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    OMFG, this actually works! Im on my 7th disk in under 11 minutes.

Using TDK 74-MIN's and a Kenwood 2ST-m4 and medium power with warming rack off.

It's working for you?

I'm on my 67th CD and I still quite haven't got the knack of it yet, I'll try a few more before I give up though.

OMG U ppl actually trying this SH*T. Hey I already said I didnt recommend it. Fair play ot whoever seriously tried it though. Takes guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

:rolleyes: Please oh please Adrian tell me yer extracting the urine....:D

It's just the way you phrase things.....hmmmm

BTW, anyone know if you can overburn on a Kenwood TT950??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Wow,
    I was having poor results with my Kenwood 1000w, so I got a Moulinex 2000w (4-Slice) and it works great at medium settings!
    I also discovered (accidentally) that If you use 2 blank CDs, it converts them to a DVD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

:rolleyes: pffff god damn showoffs

:ninja:

Advertisement