Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct X error in C&C Generals

Options
  • 01-02-2004 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Generals used to run fine on my machine - I tried to play it the other day after about 6 months off and it said

DirectX error
    Please make sure you have directx 8.1 or better installed and that your video card meets the minimum requirements.

Only changes i can figure that would effect it are a differetn video driver and an anti virus - rolled back the former and un-installed the latter and still the same error. I have DX9b installed which was alos a new change since I last played - but my mate just installed the game no probs on his PC which also runs DX9 (version a)

Anyone else get this prob? Any ideas what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

As far as I know DirectX 10.0 is out, try getting it. Dont quote me on it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Originally posted by Pugsley
    As far as I know DirectX 10.0 is out, try getting it. Dont quote me on it tho.
    Soz for quoting you (Ha) but is it really out. Cause if it is, it's a bit soon. I haven't searched the net or anything for it but I will in a min. If your wrong there will be slaps! (Just joking :p)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling generals?

It could be connected to installing with dx8 & then installing dx9.

/me shrugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

MAn - a nightmare - I googled the prob and only other sight I could get the problem on was a danish one - my danish is rusty so scuppered on that - tried reinstalling generals same problem - tried reinstalling dx still the same hassle - I had weird problems with other games also so I reinstalled Windows altogether - it was about time for a spring clean....

thanks for the ideas folks...

Advertisement