Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 days to go

Options
  • 01-02-2004 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

6 Nations kick off in paris in 14 days. Can't wait. Anyway starting 15, whats yours?

1. Horan
    2. Sheahan
    3. Hayes
    4. DOC
    5. POC
    6. S. Esterby
    7. Wallace
    8. Foley
    9. Strings
    10. O'Gara
    11. S.Horgan
    12. Maggs
    13. Mullins
    14. Kelly
    15. D'Arcy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I wouldn't have kelly at 14, he's just not dynamic enough for me. Haven't a replacement in mind though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Its a bit Munster driven isn't it . . . .

What about Victor Costelloe, Shane Byrne, Shane Horgan, Eric Miller, Malcolm OKelly, Dempsey ? ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

What about them :)

Shange Horgan is in there.

MOK jumps thats it, his feck all effective around the pitch.

Costello, crash ball, crash ball, crash ball, crash ball, crash ball.....

Miller, injured. I'd have him on the bench anyway :)

Dempsey. Umm what about him. D'Arcy is far more exciting and in much better form.

Byrne doesn't have frankies work rate around the pitch.

Uberwolf - I agree with ya, we're very short of talent on the wings these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveirl
    Originally posted by hallelujajordan
    Victor Costelloe
    Not good enough with what else is there

Shane Byrne, Shane Horgan
    Would be on my team

Eric Miller
    Injured

Malcolm OKelly
    3rd best at the moment

Dempsey
    Jesus, have we not suffered enough already

I share the concerns with regard to swervin Girvan however he has been tried and tested at this level . . . . I think D'Arcy is too much of an unknown quantity at No15 to put him in against the French . . .

Similar argument to choose MOK over DOC . .. . In my opinion the lineout ball MOK secures is priceless and can make the difference between winning and losing . . .

Definitely Byrne over Sheahan . . . has been far more reliable in the green shirt of late . . .

Originally posted by daveirl
    Oh and the way Leinster have played recently they don't deserve to be regarded highly at all.

Fair point . . . but don't you think any side would struggle with such a fragile out-half situation . . . Had either Warner been fit or Contepomi registered I'm certain Leinster would have beaten Sale in Dublin and would have topped the group . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by hallelujajordan
    I share the concerns with regard to swervin Girvan however he has been tried and tested at this level . . . .

Dempsey was apalling against cardiff, just kept handing them back the ball, its a problem with him that has been identified often, but seeing it in person made it so much more obvious

Dempsey is only around until Geordan is fit . . . I agree with your concenrs but at the moment he would still be my first choice . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Dempsey must go, for both Ireland and Leinster, his stopping the growth of alternative full backs such as D'Arcy who is a real talent and needs the experiance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

I think Dempsey need to be left out alright. i would like to see Gavin Duffy getting the fullback spot.
    He's played in that position for for the last few years with a couple of moves to the centre.
    I'd say leave d'arcy on the wing kelly on the bench and Dempsey at home!

Advertisement