Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would win

Options
  • 01-02-2004 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

In a full all out war Federasion vrs Klingon (in the late 24th centure around the time of the E-E) who would win ?

Remember its a all out war no holding back by either side all ships troops etc are ready for the fight But NO allies or old enemys get involed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm before the war, the federation don't know now though but i'd still favour the federation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The klingons are fanitical warriors who will keep fighting. also with a chalancer who is as experienced a leader as general martock i would see the klingons winning. But it would be very close.

Then with the klingons winning the roms would stike and rule the alpha/beta queadrents.
    Then the breen would take them down
    Then the dominion would take the breen down
    Then there would be a huge anti dominion rebellion

Then the ferringi.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Klingon ships have a clear advantage, they're slender, built for battle, federation ships are big and wide, very easy to hit!

And klingon's are warriors, they will fight to the last man. They would win.

their tech isn't as good though and the klingons themselves feared a war against the federation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Fed, easily because.............
    one their medical dept is far more advanced, klingon medics are poor, the Fed could use bio weapons if it got desprate, so they would win.

2 The Fed is built on mutal cooperation of worlds, where as the klingon empire has to deal with rebels , the Klingons relay too much on brute force, besides their are plenty of races who would prefer to see the klingon empire get mauled from the federation as their "diplomatic" skills are somewhat limited.

3 Politically their weaker,like we saw in the Dominion War ,if they disagree with each other they tend to kill each other not the best way to run a government ,or a war for that matter.

Like in ww2 , the lone Klingon would be very brave and a good warror , but their system of war is not refined,plus the culture is also showing signs of decay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

MAN! the fed would win in a month

Think about it Vorchas (their most used ship) was built/designed before the nebula class so it was aimed to take on Excels and Ambassadors not Akiras nebulas galaxys defaints and sovys.Bop are rubbish defaints own them no problum ...They only have 4-5 negvars a galaxy or sovy could easly take them.....Their ships are rubbish

Then of course you have the Klingon "warrior" their a bunch of retards out for honnor and pride.......the japs lost BAD because of such a mind set....As the old saying goes "the objective isnt to die for your country but to make the other basturd die for his"

Their leaders are terrible just like their warriors out for persoanl honnor and pride....OH LOOK! its a federasion starbase **** its only 5 miles long and 3 miles wide with an ungodly amonth of weapions lets attack IT! :rolleyes: 100 + ships later and mister starbase would be still standing

Also their empire is small compeared to the federasion and its bleaved them and the rommies and in area of space with lower planet densty than the feds (some of their empires seem to be in the gap's between arms of the galaxy)

All in all mister Klingons would have their heads kicked in by the federasion pritty fast say with in a year

the klingons aren't that stupid though, there is reason why they haven't been conquered and died out they are good warriors and what not

The Vorch`a class attack ship is better than you make it out to be.

The klingon cloak is a advantage.
    And as i said with such a experienced leader diricting all klingon fleet movements the klingons have the advantage there
    The Feds have several different admirals who all control fleets in several different sectors - a weekness.

Actually i just re-considerd. The Federation would win no problem. Section 31 would probbley design a bio weapon to wipe out the entire klingon species

klingons could design bio weapons as well though least they may have there sense of honour not to use it though?

i wonder how many neghvar class star ships are in the klingon fleet?

only a few they only had 1 dureing Ds9
    klingons could design bio weapons as well though least they may have there sense of honour not to use it though?

Victory is the greatist honnor!

• Advertisement

They probbley have more than a few but it does raise the question of klingon ship building capabalty. How fast can they pump out neg`var ships? about a year or so for 1?

dont think so a akira would take over a year to build and the negvar is much bigger ..maybe 2 years or so

akira would take a year?

I wonder how long a promethus would take.
    So a sovy must be at least 2 years then to build
    A warbird would probbley be a year and a half

We have no clue how long a cube takes to build do we?
    I read in a book by william shatner that the borg make about 1000 small cubes
    (like the borg scout ship) and then kinda shot them all together to make a cube

well over a year the akira is over 450 meters long big ship
    Sovy has a LOT of advanced maybe hard to build technology such as ablative armour must take at lest 2 years to build
    Prommy is another big ship not such how long it is maybe 360+ meters with 3 warp cores 14+ type 12 phaser arrazys etc etc you be supprised how long they might take to build and test maybe as long as a sovy or somewhat longer than a akira

A warbird is HUGE it would take way longer than 1.5 years to build easly as long as the galaxy class

and i have no idea about how long a cube would take as i never read any star trek novels

The warbird is only so big because of the huge gap in the cent
    er.
    I wouldent say it would take that long. It wouldent have the same amount of space inside the ship as a galaxy would have.

ITs still alot of ship even with the big stupid gaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Originally posted by User45701

We have no clue how long a cube takes to build do we?
    I read in a book by william shatner that the borg make about 1000 small cubes
    (like the borg scout ship) and then kinda shot them all together to make a cube

What the hell does Will Shatner know about the borg? NOTHING.

So why was Uhura brown? Cause William Shat-on-her.
    HA HA HA, I love that one. Also, why are there no Puerto Ricans on Star Trek? Cause they don't go to work in the future either.
    I kill me. ..

ok then......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i know the kligons will fight to the death but id stay id put my cash on the federation! :rolleyes:

eh but in an alternative time line when the fed n klingons were at war for many years, the fed were loosing, infact picard said they only expected to last another 6 months. ;) :P

• Advertisement

That is one of my faverate 1 part episodes. And yes thats a good point. The feds even upgraded the weapons and style of the galaxy class ships and they where still loseing the war.

Yes but that was a time when the Feds where Pc loveing hippy greenpeace peace loveing freaks........Lately they gotten FAR FAR more powerful and much more up for a fight

Klingons
    bop = crap
    Vorcha = ease to take out with a akira or nebby
    Negvar = take them out with a sovy or galaxy

Im telling ye kids the klingons wouldnt win

Originally posted by bizmark
    Yes but that was a time when the Feds where Pc loveing hippy greenpeace peace loveing freaksB]

eh NO! was in TNG, the Enterprise C came into the future as a result the kitomer accord was never signed and the Fed n Klingons had been at war for years. So over the course of a long war which would have promoted the development of more powerful weapon systems the Fed LOST.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Ya Klingons are more ruthless and their whole reason for being is war. Their technology is built to reflect ththis.
    Federation design tends to be more aimed towards defense rather than offense and they're far too peaceful. They'd be wiped out.

Federation are weak... Let's face it and Klingons would fight til the end...
    It ain't just about which ships are powerful, it's about the strength and resolve of the race themselves...

your not talking about much time their

The E-c was destroyed around 10-16 years before the E-d was brough into service the war lasted what 4 years? so just say the war was ungoing for 10 -12 year's

that DOES NOT give you amazeing more powerful weapions or ships

im telliig you in the time i said the klingons wouldnt have a hope against the fed

[edit]

Weak ! did any of you lot watch ds9 or was that just me! the fed where more ruteless than any other race and DID NOT hold back calling the feds weak is plain wrong

What about their cloaking technology? ;)
    Huge tactical advantage

the fed has senors that lock on and attack any uncloaking ship in a war zone......See ds9 when the klingons where at war with the feds and see how much good it did them

oh look you have this "omg the fed r so l33t" thing going on, they're not! :p the Enterprise E exaugsted all its torps and phasers yet the Scimitar still kicked the shit out of it and 2 warbirds, yes I'm aware that's not Klingon technology but my point is, as it was from the start, Klingon ships are made for war, Fed ships are not :)

Besides, we're all forgetting one thing here... star trek is centred around the federation so they always won and probably always will in the series cos the writers have to let em :P

Realistically speaking, the klingons would kick ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yes true but we are talking about the normal tng/ds9/voy universe, besides lets just say if the Klingons won, in the short term it would be their biggest victory, but in the long term it would be a complete disaster for them
    first the area they would have to cover, second the massive man power just to occupy that area, 3rd the rebellion, the fed is not just earth, but a whole list of planets so the klingons would basically be also getting a lot more headaches from different rebel groups from other planets, this of course the Romulans would love to see and would take advantage of.
    the klingons would kick ass

but for how long? their far too many ways in which they could be defeated, their too strict in their ways of combat, the federation if it got desprate would try anything to save its own ass, like bio weapons to the klingon homeworld.

Advertisement