Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec dragon - How do i install 5 1/2" drives?

Options
  • 30-01-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Ok, prob stoopid question but anyway.

What way do i put the little white rails/slider yokes onto the drive and into the case. What do they attach to on the case itself, or do they just rest inbetween the circle grooves? And which way does the grey clip part of the white yoke face, does it face into the case or towards the outside of the case.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

This any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

It doesnt actually, seen as the screenshots are for a different case, and the fact that it doesnt mention the 5 !/2 slots.

I already looked up the online manuals.

But i figured it out anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

For the midi tower version:

Just screw the rails onto the side of your drive so that the clip is flush with the front of the drive. Then just slide it in from the front.

For the full tower I think ya need to remove the top of the front panel and have the rails slightly recessed. Slide it in and then replace front panel.

Your right in saying that they go between the circular holes.

I hope that explains it, it's a little vague but you should get the idea.

Advertisement