Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Repair

Options
  • 30-01-2004 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I was playing on my XBox the other night, and al of a sudden it just stopped working.
    When i turned it on again it told me that it needed service and to Contact xbox customer support.

But i have it for about a year and a half, which means its out of warranty.

Does anyone know where i might be able to find out whats wrong with it get a quote to fix it.

It shows this big "07" in the top left hand corner if thats of any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

07 error is a problem with the Hard Disk. Did you mod your Xbox? If not, your hard drive might be broken :( or it's just over heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

decided to do a search of you nickname to see if you mentioned modding your xbox in a previous post, and god man you love the lord of the rings

so i recon you should cast that xbox into that firery factory from whence it came

Zion says its a hard drive problem, best cure is to get someone on bords to install a mod chip and you can fit any drive you want in

bad..
    you'll lose you saved games and setting
    will cost about 100 euro for mod and 40gig drive

good..
    xbox will be a million times better

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

yeah 07 is a hdd timeout - does it work now that it's cooled down? - give me a shout if you want a hand with it

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 flats

no, elmer, it's still not working.

Same thing on the screen.

i would greatly appreciate help fixing it. I've never modded an xbox, but i do know my way around a computer.

And yes, mukki, I am quite fond of the Lord of the Rings, the book more than the films.

that's unfortunate - unless the drive is salvagable you'll have to mod it to get it going again - i'll send you a pm and we'll sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

i have a few original xbox hard drives hanging around (-; if you want it chipped i will throw in the new hard drive for nought....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 flats

When you say original, i presume that would mean just a straight swap of hdd,
    take out damaged one, put in working one.

If so, how much for the hard drive, thelad???

not quite that easy - the hds are locked to the serial number of the xbox - you can't just swap one for another - once moded the xbox will run any hard disk(provided it's unlocked) so you can put another hard disk in and then use an app called config magic to lock the hd to your serial number/board if you wish otherwise it's dashboard error time again - this time it'd be error 5 basically saying the hd isn't locked

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

As elmer said you would have to mod it to get it to work but I have plenty of original hard drives lying here

Advertisement