Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franz Ferdinand to play Dublin!!!

Options
  • 27-01-2004 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

This I cannot wait for!:D :D

From NME.COM

FRANZ FERDINAND are to follow their NME AWARDS TOUR with their biggest headline tour to date.

The band, who played a hometown show in Glasgow last night (January 26) as part of the tour with Funeral For A Friend , The Von Bondies and The Rapture, will tour in April and May.

Their tour calls at:

Glasgow QMU (April 12)
    Liverpool Academy 2 (15)
    Dublin Village (16)
    Sheffield Leadmill (17)
    Nottingham Rescue Rooms (18)
    Leeds Cockpit (20)
    Birmingham Academy 2 (21)
    Brighton Concorde (26)
    Norwich Waterfront (27)
    Edinburgh Liquid Rooms (29)
    Manchester Hop & Grape (30)
    Oxford Zodiac (May 1)
    Bristol Fleece and Firkin (2)
    Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (4)
    London Astoria (5)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Cool, would be interested in going to this. :)
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

A woooooh!
    Good stuff, lookin forward to seeing them again, was very impressed by them supporting Interpol.
    Eyeliner Boy a mine of information as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

this gig has been moved to the ****ing Ambassador. a whole year without having to set foot in that hole and now they move this deadly gig there. Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

I've heard some great things about them but to be honest I don't know much about them beyond 'Take Me Out'. Can anyone help me out here??!

Luce :cool:

Originally posted by luce
    I've heard some great things about them but to be honest I don't know much about them beyond 'Take Me Out'. Can anyone help me out here??!

erm they've only released one other single - the fantastich Darts Of Pleasure. not as funky as Take Me Out but a deadly song all the same with fab b-side (Shopping For Blood). you should get. oh and they really are good live - i mean they just make you want to dance and i hadn't heard any of their music when i saw them so that's good. don't know what else to say! just enjoy.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) . I do love to dance! It's a pity it's in the Ambassador alright. I don't like The Village much either but it'd definitely be better-I mean the upstairs ladies' bathroom is just the classiest place ever, what with the funky couches and full length mirrors and all...it's almost enough to make ya excuse the **** sound quality in the venue! Great stuff. I'll probably go to that gig now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

The Ambassador is far better than The Village as a venue. Not as fancy, but who the fuck gives a shit about that. Once the gig starts you're hardly gonna be looking around saying "Ooh yes. I like the design there on the wall." Ffs. Even though it's bigger, you'll be closer to the stage in The Ambassador no matter where you are. And the floor won't be slippy from all the drink spilled on the fucking tiles the village have just in front of the stage. And it's in O Conell street as appose to way off on Wexford street. I don't know why anyone would perfer the Village...

You've obviously never been into the girls' bathrooms ;) . Ah no seriously, The Village is a lot closer to me and it's also next door to Whelan's which is one of my fav places in Dublin. The Ambassador is just such a trek for me. It's also a bit of a kip. Oh well, at the end of the day it's about the music, not the venue, so I'm not complaining :) .

i've just always thought the sound in the Ambassador was rubbish compared the the Village...and i'm not some big sound geek either it's just what i think. Still i have had loadsa fun in the Ambassador and this will be some more. Hurrah for Franz Ferdinand making people dance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Originally posted by luce
    it's also next door to Whelan's which is one of my fav places in Dublin.

All the more reason to the detest the village, being located soooo close to that indie scum ****hole!:p :p:p:p I live practically next door to the ambassador so it has its advantages for me, plus ive been to many a brilliant gig there.....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Eyeliner__Boy
    I live practically next door to the ambassador so it has its advantages for me, plus ive been to many a brilliant gig there.....
    Oh sorry, I didn't know kip was your style ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I really hope I can go to this now. Would have preferred The Village, but I do think the sound in The Ambassador is better and it's true that it's easier to be near to the front there. Besides, it's a lot easier to get into!
    xm

Advertisement