Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibreglass pen?

Options
  • 27-01-2004 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've just bought an xecutor lite 2.3b plus to mod my xbox. It's a non-solder thing but they recommend using a fibreglass pen to clean the d0 point.

Anyone know where I'd get one of these in Dublin & how much they cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mfield

Try here mate. Give D0 a little going over with the pen until the via becomes shiny so that your solder will stick to the via and your away! Hope this helps.

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Gandorf

Cheers mfield, pity it's maplins though, I hate that shop! Lets see, £4 in the UK should be about, what...... 15 euro here? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mfield

Radionics have them aswell the item number is 514-868. Dunno if its any cheaper though.

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Im about to buy the same chip and i was wondering would any hardware shops here sell fibreglass pens or extracto knives to prepare the d0 point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    Im about to buy the same chip and i was wondering would any hardware shops here sell fibreglass pens or extracto knives to prepare the d0 point?

Save yourself some cash and use a razor blade to prepare the d0 point. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

heard the pen side of an eraser works too

Advertisement