Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Video cards

Options
  • 27-01-2004 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anybody out there know if i can have two video cards in the same machine.

One PCI and one AGP.

Ive got a Geforce ti4800 and an old Voodoo3 PCI.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Yes, but not on Win95.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

You will normally need to tell the bios which one to boot first or else you could have problems with games. Changing the primary display though windows is possible but does give a performance drop on some boards.
    The bios settings is normally called "int start display" or "int boot display"

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Generally the bios will use the AGP card first you you have to boot off the PCI card so it is initialised properly... as soon as windows loads it will switch back to the AGP card as the primary video card and the PCI card will display an extended piece of desktop that you can poke extra windows into - only extended so the taskbar is only on the primary monitor.... If you want spanned desktop you'll have to get a dual-head video card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Theres a piece of software called ultramon which I found invaluable when I was running two graphics cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

OpenGL acceleration won't work anymore, only DirectX.

• Advertisement
Advertisement