Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aesop Rock (Also Q for anyone thats been to a Ri Ra show)

Options
  • 25-01-2004 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to it?
    It's on the 19th of February, C Rayz Walz is coming with him.

I figure it's going to be a great show.
    He's my favourite emcee so I can't wait for it.

Though I do have one Q, Def Jux site says its on in Ra Ra, so I presume they mean Ri Ra.
    I've never been there for a show, and I'm wondering how it works? Which part do they have it on in, cause it's a pretty small place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sweet hadn't heard of this at all... im there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

its cool enough went ot see dj noize who didnt show and mc supernatural who did last fridy, small intimate space, they put a stage on the dancefloor.. it gets real packed though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I can imagine, I was there last Saturday and was thinking "How the f*ck are they gona fit a few hundred in here..."

If anyone knows any info on tickets could they post some info?
    (price, when there on sale etc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

I'm going, even though Bazooka Tooth was utter $hite...

Labor days is a classic so, what the hell...

:D

I kinda like Bazooka Tooth, the productions not great on it but his lyrics are still generally tight as hell.

Though it is nothing compared to Labour Days, the only thing that comes close to that on Bazzoka Tooth imho is 11:35 with Mr.Lif.

Anyway, I still want to know where and when can I get tickets?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Klimseven
    I'm going, even though Bazooka Tooth was utter $hite...

Labor days is a classic so, what the hell...

Exactly what I thought early on (it actually stayed on the shelf for three months with 1 listen to its name).. have started playing to it a lot more recently tho.. its definitely a grower. Give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

I rang up Ri Ra and it's just pay on the door. Starts at 11:30pm (I think) and it's 12 eurobucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Correction: A small number of tickets have been printed up and are available from Comet, City Discs, Freebird etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Got tickets for myself and the missus from Sound Celler on Saturday, can't wait for it. It's a steal at 12 Euro for one of the best rappers around. Never been to Rí Rá before though.

http://www.eventguide.ie/articles.elive?session_id=107697124474662&sku=040211191949

Damn funny, it's an interview with C Rayz about the show.

I really can't wait for this show, should be damn good considering Ri Ra's such a small venue.

• Advertisement

Whatd people think? laughed my head off at the gudmen, embarrasing... overall a pretty decent show, wasn't leaving going "whoa" or anything, but pleased enough at having seen it.. freestyles at the end were good, great version of no regret, lots of stuff of bazooka tooth, and of course finishing with the stunning daylight.. i think it did lack something though, or maybe it was just because i was so incredibly tired...

That freestyle kicked ****ing arse.
    Gudmen were...I dunno, alright. It was a pretty daunting task coming on before Aesop.

I just wanted it to keep going on. Thought Aesop was great, shame he didn't do more. C Rayz was good too, his freestyle was funny as hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by Kali
    Whatd people think? laughed my head off at the gudmen, embarrasing... overall a pretty decent show, wasn't leaving going "whoa" or anything, but pleased enough at having seen it.. freestyles at the end were good, great version of no regret, lots of stuff of bazooka tooth, and of course finishing with the stunning daylight.. i think it did lack something though, or maybe it was just because i was so incredibly tired...

I agree completely, though Daylight was just fantastic. The gudmen cracked me up, especially how they insulted the crowd and the venue hosting them saying we were being ripped off for pints. The irish accent just wasn't meant for rapping though.

Btw El-P's new album high water is amazing, anyone reading this will probably enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Show was good...freestyles were damn nice. Was talkin to C-Rayz after the show, I gave him a photo of some pieces I did to sign and he was goin on about new york graff and the up crews (TC5!!) for ages...sound bloke, Aesop Rock's a wierd genius...

Gudmen were dire, well, the mc at least, DJ was decent enough...

Oh yeah, Big Wiz!! lol, he was funny...

Advertisement