Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a quiet fan

Options
  • 21-01-2004 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a really quiet fan please? It doesn't have to light up or anything, just blow air ;)

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

For a standard 80mm fan the papst fans at hitide.ie are about the quietest youre going to get ... they problem is that they blow fuckall air compared to a good noisy one .... your best bet is to get a large quiet(ish) fan, it'll push around a fair bit of air and wont be making much noise ... even more so if you get a fan speed controller to keep the revs / voltage down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I picked up one of these... b00tyfull.
    Now all I need is a quiet PSU :dunno:
    6000kitcontents.jpg
    More info @ QuietPC.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

www.hitide.ie are very good for quiet/silent cooling products. They do the Zalman 7000 CPU heatsink.........great reviews. They have water cooling, loads of fans, GFX heatpipes, and the Be-Quiet PSU's which id love to try as they won every review ive seen them in..........

Delivery is around €8 and there an extremely efficient company.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

The sharkoon fans in peats blow a fair bit of air and are quiet enough. I havent tried the fans from Hitide yet but I will when I order the water cooling but if your going down the direction of air cooling then sharkoon and the zalmon gear is one of the best setups. I have the cpu and gfx coolers from zalmon and until you begin OCin you wont have any problem and pretty much total silence

Advertisement