Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

textures

Options
  • 21-01-2004 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

how does one apply more textures to one surface?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

you cant, what you can do is divide your surface into more brushes, or you could use wally to put two textures into one texture or make your own texture, so unless you're really tied for polys i suggest dividing your surface into more brushes

/edit: you can also apply decals to surfaces, by first choosing a texture (the ones with white in them, i think they've got { before them) and then using the decal tool (the crate with the bulleyes on it), or also instead of dividing the surface into more brushes you can put a 1unit brush over the surface, it looks almost flat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Use as many brushes as you want for texturing tbh. It won't slow down any half decent pcs. You should stay under 900 in the r_speeds though.

Also i wouldn't use decals as they really lag things to sh!t and using a 1 unit brush over another brush isn't a good idea, you should just make a stack as it renders less that way.

Advertisement