Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone tried slimfast

Options
  • 21-01-2004 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

just out of interest and before i go out and buy all their products , has anyone here tried slimfast, i had a baby 2 years ago and still have a stone to loose which is driving me mad, im quiet short in height so u really notice it, i eat very good food and walk a lot and aslo run around after my child constantly but need to shift this last stone so was thinkin about slimfast, let us kknow if any of u have ever tried it, it seems it would suit me as i dont have a lot of spare time to go to weightwatchers or the gym, i work outside the home to as well as being a full timme mum,
    any advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

I've heard alot of bad reports about slimfast having worms that eat the fat inside your body! My sister has same problem. She's a 5 year old and lost all the baby fat initially, but it has all creeped up on her. She's now about 3 stone overweight. She eats good food, was odd takeaway - but who doesn't!? She does exercise too and she just isn't loosing any weight! She went to a dietican and he adviced her what to eat etc! maybe you could look into that? You may be allergic to some foods? Maybe check to see if you are diabetic?? Or may be a Caeliac?

Hope this helps!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Pinkchick03
    I've heard alot of bad reports about slimfast having worms that eat the fat inside your body!

I donno how true that is
    but I heard the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Heard that. Would imagine it's urban myth, used to hear it in the playground when I was in primary school ("you put it in the microwave and it makes worms"). I guess someone should test that ... It's probably one of the ingredients coagulating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

if you ask me the secret is exercising and a balance diet.no need to starve or eat stuff that takes like sh!t or live on rabbit food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

i dont think that its true about the worms thing with slimfast, has to be an urban myth coudlnt have a product on the market like that, i think i will try it anyway, give it 4 weeks and test it, will let you all know how that goes, premenstrual munchies will be very hard to beat , as all u girlies already know, anyway at least i wont put on any weight with the slim fast so i will give it a try and report on it, in 4 weeks from now, start date this saturday the 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I personally don't believe in Slim Fast or any of those dieting shakes and pills etc but good luck, let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Worms?!? Would gerrouda dat people!

Can you imagine that getting throught the Drug Administration in the states

"so tell us how this product works"

"Well, we infect people with a parasite which eats up the fat and then magically disappears"

"Well, I don't see a problem with that. Anyone else? No? Sold!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

"Well, we infect people with a parasite which eats up the fat and then magically disappears"

Infect me with whatever you will i say, if it makes me loose my belly, ill let them live inside me ;-) a bloody bargain i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Until you have to crap out a tape worm that's longer than you are tall *shudders*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

That was one of the most mingin' things I've seen on telly. They even showed the video of the guy crapping it out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

back to slimfast..

worms pah, that story has been going around for years

when your on the slimfast plan you have 4 meals a day
    3 meals are slimfast and the other is a proper dinner

it works by supressing your hunger, you actually feel full for about 3 hrs after drinking it, its got enough vitamins,minerals,ect to keep you from fainting

so your only eating once a day, hence you lose weight,

i know cos i stole a glass or 2 from mums presses, its a lovely tasting drink, and you won't think of food for hrs, but if you decide to have a small snack it stops working and you'll feel starving in about 10 mins

the best way to lose wait is to avoid relaxing, you see people doing 30mins exercise then spending the rest of the evening recovering on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/tapeworm.htm

the rumour about the worms has been around for years before slimfast was even created.

Advertisement