Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD 64 FX machines

Options
  • 21-01-2004 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hey
    I was wondering if anybody knows when these are going to be in general circulation? I want to upgrade my system, but might wait untill these are a bit cheaper, or are being shipped with machines.
    Or if they are send on links...

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im waiting a year or more to upgrade anyway give the tech time to develope and wind xp 64 come out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Why not go for the AMD 64 Xp3000+ or 3400+ ?? The Xp3400+ is almost identical performance wise to the FX-51 and its half the price. Even get a good cooler like the Zalman 7000 and overclock it??

If its a memory thing ive heard of people getting a 1x opteron using the 940 pin single boards and upping the FSB on it and getting FX speeds.......... im not at home so i cant get you a link to it. Worth thinkin about

Advertisement