Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the GAA to Blame?

Options
  • 20-01-2004 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

People are blaming the GAA for the fact that rugby and soccer dont have a stadium. I find this ridiculous. I heard some head of the Irish soccer fans association say on the radio that if they have to play games abroad that they will march to corke park!!!!!!!!

I was like wtf are ye marching to croke park for?

So lets see how the above question. I thought "the evel soccer question!" was ridiculously biased and the options given were limited in their understanding of why Croker shoudnt be open.

Is the GAA to blame for Ireland matches played abroad? 10 votes

Yes- the GAA are completely at fault
    0% 0 votes
    No -the FAI & IRFU are to blame
    0% 0 votes
    No - the gov are to blame
    70% 7 votes
    No - the gov, IRFU, FAI are to blame
    20% 2 votes
    Yes - the GAA, IRFU, FAI, & gov are ALL to blame
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Question: Why are you posting the exact same thread twice?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136150

In relation to the question, [irish logic] yes it the GAA's fault because they managed to keep their ship in order, provide games for the Irish for 100's of years, and have a stadium that all, including the goverment, are jealous of [/irish logic]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Mouse your about one post away from a banning. I moved your first poll cause it was in the wrong place. Your attempt at rewording ..is shabby at best.

Quit the nonsence threads please.

Alan

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The FAI and IRFU are to blame. But if they ask to play at Croker, I think the GAA should allow them to play there. But if it continues as it is (the FAI trying to force their way into Croker through the press) then I think the GAA should tell them to fúck off, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

"Mouse your about one post away from a banning. I moved your first poll cause it was in the wrong place. Your attempt at rewording ..is shabby at best.

Quit the nonsence threads please"

Moderator,

I wanted to post a poll which reflected the views of the general GAA population. You stuck my previous poll where all those superbowl and darts fans will be able to vote!!! Thank you.

It was you who had a problem with my wording so I changed it accordingly to make sure you understood that I wanted to adress this from a GAA perspective.

My problem?
    I didnt like your "shabbily-worded", anti-gaa "evil soccer", poll. Which I might add was made sticky!!!

I take it you have a problem with a balanced poll which allows the pro-GAA supporter a chance to vote and shows the GAA in a fair light! After all we couldnt have a poll which underminded a moderator poll!!!

I bet if I posted a poll stating:

"Are the GAA a backward shower of culchies"

Answers :

a) Yes
    b)YES!
    c)YES, YES, YES

you wouldnt ban me!!!

Maby I would even be promoted to the moderator of a GAA thread!

Ban me if you like, because I'm not sure I want to post on a GAA poll which is moderated by a anti-GAA moderator.

If you do ban me. Leave my post here! I wouldnt want anyone misunderstanding my position.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Could you not have PMed that to Alany instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

now now...play nice.

ffs...****ing exams..make me miss the first bit o excitement on the GAA board :(

I wanted to post a poll which reflected the views of the general GAA population. You stuck my previous poll where all those superbowl and darts fans will be able to vote!!! Thank you.

your clutching at straws mouse...

couple of points

1. There is a post about GAA and head quarters already
    2. Its a Sticky
    3. Its a poll
    4. its expressing peoples views on the whole situation
    5. Your first poll was not GAA related...it was a general sports poll
    No stadium for soccer and rugby.Who's fault is it?
    That was your only content....nothing about looking for the views of the GAA community...nothing about the GAA being accused of being to blame....just a random poll
    6. Your second poll was allowed to stand but only cause iy was directed directly at GAA supporters, Me thinks hoewever, that you only created it cause your first ...pointless poll was moved.
    7. your getting the warnings because of your first post on the Croke park issue... in which you expressed more interest in my decision to make the thread a sticky.

Now ...for the last time... No more nonsence please.

Regards,

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

what he said :mad:

I'm the nice one *really* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Its the parents I blame.

me too.. If you see mine tell them I said..HI..

• Advertisement
Advertisement