Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery Clubs

Options
  • 19-01-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm interested in joining an archery club. Can anyone advise if there are many clubs in the greater Dublin area? I live out Lucan direction. I've only ever done archery once (many years ago) but I really enjoyed it. So I need a club that would welcome total novices!! Was reading about the Dun Laoighre club in one of the other messages, anybody have any details on that?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭del_boy85

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Gonna check out the Leixlip/Celbridge club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

hmm non in offay it figures

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

The list in irisharchery.com is out of date and incomplete.

There are a few others that should be there I'm sure.

Tis tough to start a club, outside of college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Duncan Leigh

Hi ! I'm from Lucan too and I've just finished my beginners course and hoping to go from there. Was looking around on internet and found Leixlip archery club( handy enough !) which will be having their beginners course next week. <edit>remove personal contact details</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

www.archery.ie has all the official clubs in Ireland listed - most of them with contact details. If there is a geographically suitable club with no contacts then ask us here - chances are we know the current honchos there.

As a side note, Duncan Leigh, I see that was your first post - welcome to boards! :D

Word of caution though, it might not be the best idea to put your mobile number in public posts. Even though you have to register with Boards.ie to post messages, anyone can view them as it is a public message board. There is a Private Message (PM) service integrated into your account, you can access it from the link on the top-right of the page. Its like sending a private post to another boards user and is probably safer to send personal details that way if ya need to. If you want to remove your numbers just let me know and I can modify the post, or you can use the EDIT option. No worries if you want to leave them there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

halenger wrote: »
    The list in irisharchery.com is out of date and incomplete.
    ... and now it's a link farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

royan wrote: »
    ... and now it's a link farm.

Use this instead:

http://www.archery.ie/club.html

Advertisement