Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hal

Options
  • 19-01-2004 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

any one heard that band hal they seem to be the darlings of hot press at the moment even with no releases .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I saw them support Grandaddy and Snow Patrol in London last month.

They're sh*t. Worse than The Thrills (and thats worse than you think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

On a tangent, are snow patrol any good live? I bought their final straw album, and it isn't too bad.. Though, it's not anything new.

Terrible name for a band too, sounds like a kids pop group.

Snow Patrol are the dog's gonads live. I'd only heard a few tracks on d'wireless before I saw 'em, so it was a very pleasant surprise to see them in the flesh so to speak...

Better suited to a smaller venue methinks, twas the cavernous Brixton Academy I was them in (doesn't suit every band).

And current single Run has "epic" written all over it. Superb live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 welly

what sort of sound do they have i have read that they are the new thrills whatever thats supposed to mean ?

It means they are limp wristed and devoid of originality, just like The Thrills. Basically, if you wet yourself everytime you hear Big Sur then they're right up your street.

Me, I think they should be shot with balls of their own sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 welly

ha ha for the girly girls then are they.the thrills havent an ounce of originality between them.with lines robbed from other songs and repetitive la la las they irritate the sh he ite out of me .

Advertisement