Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Eircom scam - Premium Rate call required to get DSL installation completed

Options
  • 19-01-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Another Eircom scam - or just incompetance.

The usernames and passwords are currently not being sent out
    - you have to call a premium rate number to get your password.

My dsl was installed in December, but still today I havent got my username
    and password.

If you complain enough to customer services (I did) - they give the url to get it for yourself.

The url is:

www.eircom.ie/broadbandpassword

they ask some security details - then give you the password.

I refused to call the premium rate tech support line (73.59c per minute) on principal since it wasnt my fault they hadnt sent me my password.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ozmo
    My dsl was installed in December, but still today I havent got my username
    and password.

I refused to call the premium rate tech support line (73.59c per minute) on principal since it wasnt my fault they hadnt sent me my password.
    When do you expect them to start charging you for the new DSL account? What do you bet that your "first month free" didn't start today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

Ahh the old 'first month free' lark.

I got IOLBB under the aforementioned (amongst others) scheme just before Christmas and this coming week shall recieve a bill demanding €49.49 for my 'free' months access.

They bill in advance therefore,according to them,my final month if I chose to make it so shall be free.

Roll on Dec 2004 then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

you can get the username and password from the dsl sales line also, just play dumb..

Advertisement