Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leitrim...come on admit it

Options
  • 19-01-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

There has got to be some poor oulde souls like myself from the island...
    Not too bad a spot... and we even have a mobile cinema!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Ah ha! We've finally broken girldef!

Ah, the moving cinema... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

Mr_Angry i think u'll find it is the mobile cinema, and a fine service it supplies (jealousy *tut tut*)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

the mobile cinema, god i had forgotten that exixted, is Joe Quinn still driving it.

Just thought of something, a leitrim post and no sign of smithers, is he sick

Don't know who drives it... but although slaggable i think its a good idea..if they only had it when i was living there i might not be such an alco now. I may have spent my money on the cinema than a bottle of cider down the canal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

/me laughs hysterically

I LOVE THAT CINEMA! .... its a cinema ... but you get to travel with it....
    I'd love to live in one.

what else is in Leitrim that you haven't mentioned? ... I know you are holding back on me! I bet ya there is lots of cool stuff but ya just want to keep it to yourself! .. thats it isn't it! ... ye don't like outsiders invading your Leitrim!?!?!

:D

• Advertisement

Ok it's a mobile cinema but it doesn't move when your in it!!!

Well my town has a heritage center, library, court, 21 pubs, Peter Finley (Booker prize winner) Paul Williams mother and birth place (criminal reporter - writer of "the general"..etc) Tina Turner's house, a beautiful canal, a beautiful view, the yellow brick road, and me on occasion.

Ok maybe some are not 100% true....

thanks for the interest Klodax and i am willing to share my Leitrim with ya anytime!!

how long would it take to get there from here?

hmmm to my town at the very most 2 and a half hours!!
    Come on Klodax road trip it up!! Woop!

:D twould be a good idea mes thinks .... I have to see this cinema

ok

i am curious where is the town with 21 pubs, me thinking ballinamore

if so two and a half hours, i dont think so, even little boy racers cant do that in a supped up fiesta.

C'mon give

• Advertisement

Tis Ballinamore but we aint in Dublin so it doesn't take as long, we are in Louth... you from near Ballinamore Nanook?

ahhh

a little village by the name of drumkeerin

ahhhh home

aw bless...
    no much how to try and convince people Leitrim aint bad...well not that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

recently aquired a set of traffic lights, cutting edge stuff

did they get the lights yet. when is the big do for the turning on of the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

just a very strange change question nanook for you, but on the off chance do you know or are you related to a religion teacher who teaches in Carrigallen secondary school by the name of Mrs. Doyle?

If not then cast this to the flames!

Farlz

and to the flames it goes.

No relation in the carrigallen area. have some relation in the mohill area but that is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Carrick hasnt got its traffic lights yet ,

but there has been traffic lights in leitrim for years!!

oh yes there has,,,,,on the balinamore/ballyconnel canal at the locks there are traffic lights!!
    !!
    oh and carrick is a good place to do ur driving test , only 1 main roundabout!!

when u say that we've had traffic lights (on the canal) to anyone outside leitrim they would laugh... alot

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Woo, Leitrim.

Happy now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shuvon2002

Leitrim rocks especially the beutiful carrick and its excellent nightclub passion
    also its the place to go if your wishing to see some of the irish rugby team

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

Leitrim doesn't rock or roll or anything else for that matter and the starter of this thread knows that. I mean how often do you go back to Leitrim?, I've been once this year and I wouldn't say you've been back that often either. But saying that i'll be there this weekend so if yes are around i'll be in Ballinamore mines a Guinness!

hey i was back two weeks ago! Had a bloody good night in passion too actually! Will be going back when i finish up this year! Some times it can be good crack! Rocco?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

Who else would be using that name?:)

Advertisement