Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought

Options
  • 17-01-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

yo,
    any1 heard this ablum from talib kweli & hi-tec?
    no1 i know has and i think its one of the best hip-hop albums of the last few years (at least!)
    its about 2 yrs old, but i never noticed it in the charts here or in the uk, which i find very strange..
    its kinda underground, i suppose, but not so much that it should be a commercial success!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I loved that album when I first got it.

I really got into Talib and co. for a while after I heard Soundbombing 1, there's a few good songs on it by Talib with Hi-Tek on one.

If you liked Train of Thought, get Lyricist Lounge 1.
    It's from the same label that put out Train of Thought, and it's one of my all time favourites.

Talib does a song on it called The Manifesto, it's a great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

that was a great show!
    dunno why mtv dont show it anymore...even on mtv base!?
    mtv uk is crap, they dont have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Rawkus has a fairly good catalogue.
    Mos Def - Black on Both Sides is a good album as is Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli together), and Big L's albums too. Pharoahe Monch is decent enough aswell.
    Reflection Eternal is a good album, takes a few listens to get into I think, mainly because Kweli has a voice that needs getting used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

yeah, but once u feel their vibe, there's no turnin back!

i really love Too $hort - 2 Bitches, havent heard ay of his albums though, i really should do when i get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Has anybody heard Quality?
    What's it like compared to Reflection Eternal and is it worth buying?
    It's £8.99 on play.com, out of stock at the moment though. For some reason all their albums seem to be out of stock. :dunno:

• Advertisement

hmm, kinda a mixed bag I think.

Kweli's got great lyrical talent, no doubt about that but without Hi-Tek on the beats it's just not as good as Train of Thought.

For 8.99, I'd get it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

What do you mean you never heard it in the charts? NO GOOD HIP HOP ALBUMS ARE IN THE CHARTS...EVER...Ludacris is ****, 50 cent is so **** he's funny, Black eyed peas make me suicidal...

hip hop isn't mainstream, that chart stuff isn't hip-hop...sorry to break it to you, there has been some good mainstream stuff though but they were mostly fluke breakthrough ppl, I'm tired...

Actually, Quality's recived (Song - Get By) a decent enough amount of airplay over in the US.
    As does Mos Def and a fair enough amount of the Rawkus crew these days.

Then again, Rawkus has been branded sellout for a while now so it's no real surprise that their pushing their artists into the mainstream.

Advertisement