Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we need a BF1942 ?

Options
  • 15-01-2004 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Seems to me that bf1942 server on games2 is pretty much unused.
    So is there really a need for it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

There's just not enough people in it regularly for a good game.. even 8 people is too few alot of the time. Where does everyone play if it's not on games2 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

dont think theres aneed for it it revvie...its never gonna be a succssful server me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I for one certianly think there is, but I agree it's not being used too much these days. I normally try and camp the server for a while every evening but I've been busy of since Christmas and don't get to play as much as I would like to. Maybe we should set up a proper DC night some time every week? Maybe a little organisation is all we need? Just a thought.
    On a positive note Winters, myself and a few others had a great game on tuesday night (I think...) and at one stage there was more than 6 a side (once again I'm not totally sure if thats exactly right) which I for one thoroughly enjoyed.
    Would be a shame for such a good server, with such a good mod go to waste... /me shed's a tear.

PS. Probably no point in telling you that my username and pass still don't work now is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

right lets try and set up something for 2 nmights a week...lets say tuesdays and thursdays @8pm?

We should maybe give it one last go....I think Beat may be rgiht.....all itmay need is a push with a bit of organisation

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh right beat, I think your best bet is hassle lucutus to set your password :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

im all for keeping it. although i dont play that often now [usually once a week] ill be gettin bb soon so ill be much more regular. i dont mind the small games, even 2 a side is enough for me, which you'll always nearly get i find.

keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Id use it im after buying a legit copy of the game as well :D but alas I need the latest DC patch as mine is old so im playing plain vanilla no extra topping bf1942 on UK servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

keep it...

We have been having a good couple of games on it this week so far if I may say so. Just though something seemed to happen last night where most of us lagged out of the server .... quite odd.

You dont need another COD server anyways, leave this one as DC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i think beatfreak is right. if we try and set a few nights a week that we might go there that would be cool. most nights i would keep a watch on it with ASE to see if there's any action

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

after what ive witnessed tonight. definatly.

got the server full at berlin.

swedish people are easy to kill:)
    [them and combat cow ;)]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

t'was good fun !

Advertisement