Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of ram

Options
  • 14-01-2004 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi all
    built my system few weeks ago she's running very well..

p4 3Ghz @ 3.3, asus p4c800-e deluxe, 9800pro 418/362, 2 x 512 pc3200 dual

I was a hardcore amd fan (fan as in "admired")...but realy p4 is so much better haha love stiring it..
    getting a 3dmark2001 of 19680 and 3dmark03 of 6380.. problem is cant get my fsb above 223 multiplyer is fixed at 15.. now i am using stock cpu cooler but at idle she is 28c and load 40c with mb at 19c (will be getting the ThermalRight SP 94 in the next month or two )

think whats letting me down is the ram cause fsb goes all the ways up to 240 giving 3.6 with intell fan at 48c when i set the fsb:ddr to 4:5 i have corsar svalue series Think S stands for Sh*t and value meaning cheap yeah? but i was on a budget at the time so had to buy the cheap sh*t.. what do yeah think of these

kingston HyperX 512MB (2x256MB) DDR PC4000 CAS3.0 it has a --cas of 3
    OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series -- cas of 2.5
    Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3700PT TwinX (2x256MB) Platinum --CAS3
    whats the twister ram like?

how much of an inprovement is the cas 2.5 to 3...

Also im hearing great reviews on the artic vga cooler mine's in the mail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If you intened to OC you would be advised to go for CAS 2.0 RAM it will give you a little extra boost; dont touch CAS 3.0 RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

If hes thinkin of going for Pc4000 Ram (which is a good choice) then i think Cl2.5 is the best thats out there. Pc4000 Ram (500mhz) would ensure that hte ram wouldnt hinder your overclock.

Best selection ive seen is Pc-memory-upgrade , there based in kildare and offer free delivery. Also some of the best Ocz prices in europe.....
    Also im hearing great reviews on the artic vga cooler mine's in the mail
    Yea hearing very good things about that aswell. Funny thing is most places are overcharging for it (€29 ish) when its in some PcWorlds (of all places) for €15 !!

Btw ThermalRight Sp94 - Dont think you could possibly do better.

[edit] As a PS freekhead i have PM'd you ........

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by freekhead
    think whats letting me down is the ram cause fsb goes all the ways up to 240 giving 3.6 with intell fan at 48c when i set the fsb:ddr to 4:5 i have corsar svalue series Think S stands for Sh*t and value meaning cheap yeah?
    If 4:5 isn't a typo, then that's your problem. Try running at 5:4 to give your ram a chance to keep up. You'll probably need to loosen the timings too, since it's value ram.

Advertisement