Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FKOS - 2 Meteor Award Nominations!

Options
  • 13-01-2004 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just announced:

FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN have been nominated in two categories for the Meteor Music Awards 2004 - 'Best Irish Band' and 'Best New Irish Act'. The award ceremony takes place at the Point Theatre on Monday 1st March - voting for the awards is a mix of music industry representatives’ choices, and public votes (by text message). The categories are:

Best Irish Band:
    Bell X1
    The Frames
    Future Kings Of Spain
    The Thrills
    Snow Patrol
    The Tycho Brahe

Best Irish New Act:
    D'Side
    Woodstar
    Future Kings Of Spain
    Laura Isibor
    Roesy
    Simple Kid

Future Kings Of Spain have a busy few months ahead, starting with a promotional trip to Japan at the end of the month. More news to follow shortly.

For up-to-date information, please visit www.fkos.com.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Like I said on the site, will be voting for this later.
    And everyone else do so too ya hear??? :D
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Errrr like why is Damien Rice not in the Irish male solo category.

Even the Brits picked up on him why the fu ck does irish media not recognise him.

Evening Herald even failed to point out he is nominated for a Brit.

Im not Irish meself but you cant tell me he isnt the hottest irish property overseas right now. 2 sold out nights at Brixton academy and full uk tour sold out a month in advance.

Sorry Meteor...open your eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kim

Agreed. He's big all over the place. Even in America. Delighted Future Kings got nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I'm off to vote for now.

Tis excellent that Future Kings of Spain have a couple of nominations. And a travesty that Damien Rice isn't nominated.

I just hope the Thrills don't win the band category. Just to show that we don't measure everything on overseas success. But you know they're going to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ah! No phantom DJs were nominated! Surprise, surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Great news on FKOS!
    I don't know this for a fact but it is possible since O came out so long ago, that Damien Rice isn't eligible this year for an award whereas in UK the album came out more recently so it is eligible for a Brit. Was he nominated last year? I know that you can't be nominated at the Brits with the same record two years running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by Daylight
    Great news on FKOS!
    I don't know this for a fact but it is possible since O came out so long ago, that Damien Rice isn't eligible this year for an award whereas in UK the album came out more recently so it is eligible for a Brit. Was he nominated last year? I know that you can't be nominated at the Brits with the same record two years running.
    Yeah, you're right. He was definitely nominated for something last year and I'm almost certain it was Best Album. Well done the FKOS :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Imagine winning something that has the Revs name on it!!

Oh the pride

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hahaha! :D Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by luce
    Yeah, you're right. He was definitely nominated for something last year and I'm almost certain it was Best Album. Well done the FKOS :cool:

mic christopher won best album.
    mundy won best male act.
    so i don't think damo rice won anything.

FKOS- Good going getting best band on top of best new act.
    Definately deserve best new act.
    Whose Laura Isibor?

• Advertisement

Damien didn't win anything last year.
    No idea who Laura Isibr is.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Laura's a 16 year-old soul singer, got a fantastic voice. Saw her supporting Terry Callier at The Village, and Jamie Cullum at Whelans (where there was queue of UK A & R men camped out).

More on her at: www.vibe.ie/laura

G'wan the Kings btw! Fair doors..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kim

Yahoo! It says on fkos.com that you can just text VOTE BAND 3. Seems more straightforward. Still reckons The Thrills will walk it.

Over my dead body......they can take their suns and towns and candyfloss whatnot to America with them.
    xm

Advertisement