Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballroom #24, Friday Jan 30th

Options
  • 13-01-2004 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

The Ballroom of Romance presents...

Ballroom #24

Friday the 30th of January
    The Lower Deck, Portobello
    Doors: 9pm, €6 in with free CD-r to the first 100.

Featuring:

The Cold Spoon Conpiracy
    Giveamanakick
    Waiting Room
    Rest

The Coldspoon Conspiracy:

One of Dublin's finest alternative guitar bands, the Coldspoons play emotive lo-fi rock that draws comparisons to Sebadoh, The American Analogue Set amongst others. They recently released their debut album "Plays well with others" to great reviews

http://thecoldspoonconspiracy.com

Giveamanakick:

Giveamanakick are a drum and guitar two piece from Limerick who play full on, down and dirt RAWK! Ballroom veterans, they return to give tunes from their "Is it okay to be loud, Jesus?" album a good pounding. They have been compared to The Jesus Lizard, Fugazi and Helmet: The White Stripes they ain't!

http:/www.giveanamakick.com

Waiting Room

Hailing from Cork, Waiting Room deliver a unique sound that comfortably slides and cuts through genres with an infectiously catchy laid back air. Intricate guitar playing and soft affecting vocals are perfectly complimented by a tight, meandering rhythm section and sweet teasing cello lines

http://www.waitingroomfun.com

Rest

Cork based outfit Rest dispense of the notion that music should abide by strict guidelines. Without a vocal what is there to grasp onto? Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus this is not! Atmosphere gives way to dynamics, which in turn swells to breaking point, via jarring white noise and heavy textures, before a final crashing crescendo and then its over. Similar to the foreboding tension of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, the ethereal density of Isis and the urgency of post-punk/mathrock, the resulting sound is an eclectic and continuously evolving undercurrent of melody and noise which looks to envelope the listener.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

H'up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

gonna defo be at this. havent looked forward to a line up so much in ages. dunno giveamanakick but the other bands are feckin brilliant. esp lookin forward to seeing waiting room missed them every time they've been in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

I'm gonna be givin out free dry rides to all comers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

What about dry oral ????
    I'm sure it would involve a scarf....

Doors: 9pm, €6 in with free dry ride to the first 100 in the door
    Scarf oral for the next 50
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Ah yea, just remembered that I saw Waiting Room play at Whelan's with Future Kings. It took me a week to figure that one out.
    Cool, will try make it to this one so.
    Heard a lot about the other bands but haven't seen them so it will all be a learning experience! :D
    xm

Heads up:

Ballroom #25 Featuring:
    Neosupervital
    66e
    House of Mexico
    Herm

Consider me there. :D
    Can't wait.
    Ok, back to schooling,
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Rapid buzz.

Ya wha'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

really wanted to see Waiting Room, but owing to severe brokeness caused by severe sacking (apparantly its not advisable to start rumours about your boss firing blanks. well how was I to know?)I shant be there.

However......

The Sugar Club, Feb14 Waiting Room Album Launch. Special Guests include The Coldspoon Conspiracy & Goodtime John. Late band Total Rock. Doors 8pm / Admission €10.00 before 10pm / €15.00 after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by memaeve
    Ya wha'?
    JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYSUS :)

Luce :cool:

Would have liked to go to this too but there's just so much going on Friday, and knowing me I'll probably end up not getting to anything. Great. :dunno:
    Hard luck about your boss Jolene!
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 john Steffani

Jolene

What's the story with your signature ya nonce? Are you trying to be funny? You're some sick twat altogether. Just be sure and let me know when one of your friend's dies so I can put a hilarious signature like yours in the end of my messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

John,

I'm really sorry if this has caused offence to you, but I think you've taken it up wrongly.
    I'm not having a pop at Mic Christopher, his family or friends at all.
    Rather it was aimed at everyone jumping on the Mic Christopher band wagon.
    I dont really want to get into this on a message board, so if you want to talk about this further, please PM me
    Again, sorry if any offence was caused, and if you feel that strongly about it I will of course change my signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 john Steffani

Jolene

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

this was deadly. enjoyed Giveamanakick and Waiting Room the most.

Hey Ilovehovering, can we scab that pic for the Ballroom website?

Cheers,

Allen.

Advertisement