Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crappy FPS

Options
  • 12-01-2004 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So yeah i was just wondering is there anyway that i can get better fps aside from getting a new card. My current one is a GeForce 2 MX 64MB. The average fps i get is just over 30 and jumps to 50 and 60 sometimes buts all falls to like 1/2 and 9/10 sometimes. its really annoying. I have everything on low so i don't see why i'm getting such ****e fps? any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

If it's on the net, then your connection.
    If not, then it's the lag created by the bot AI, and by buildings with large collision meshes. Nothing you can do about it. I have a GeForce3 and still get lag for those very reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well i have BB so its not lag. I have a 35-50 ping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

you only gave the specs of your card. Could you give us your entire system specs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by suppafly
    well i have BB so its not lag. I have a 35-50 ping
    Then it's the engine - you're gfx card ain't the greatest anyway; it's been mentioned enough times, but BF can craete awful amounts of lag with it's buildings/ships etc.
    Go into Midway and start crashing ships into each other and you'll see. Nothing you can do about it ... cept get a better machine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Tellox
    you only gave the specs of your card. Could you give us your entire system specs?

Dell Dimension 4400, P4 1.8ghz, 256mb RAM, Win XP

I know i could be that i just need better machine but was just wondering is there a way of getting like a steady 30fps without having to get a new machine or gfx card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Buy more ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

perhaps lower the resolution and turn off any fancy stuff in the graphics options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

U need more ram 256ram just does not cut it for todays games. U will find when playing bf for about 5 min. Then u look down at your computer and u know the little green light that turns on and off when hard drive is working. U will notice that its flashing all the time. This is all caused from you only having 256ram.

I have 1gig ram and dont have this problem any more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Go into your Bios and try and find a setting called "AGP Aperture Size". This determines what extra memomy goes to graphics. Set it to 128mb.
    While your in there, see if there's anything else that shound be enabled, like "AGP Fast Write" ect.

Advertisement