Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky weather Girl....?

Options
  • 11-01-2004 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Every-so-often when I check Sky News Active they show a girl presenting the weather, she would sound as if she is from Ireland, WHO is she !!??
    I would definitely hit it, she is gorgeous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Lisa Burke.

:D

You're not the only one who'd give her one!

1009946.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Project 80 has a thing about Ms Burke...she
    dresses like she's on the way out for the evening!

http://www.justabloke.co.uk/satbabes/lisaburke/

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 carryo

LISA BURKE - Weather Presenter, Sky News

Lisa joined Sky News in 2000. Since then she has built up a large devoted following and in 2001 was voted "sexiest weather girl of all-time" in a poll of 1000 men.

Lisa was born in 1977 and lived in Ireland until she was 10-years-old when the family moved to Ilford in Essex.

In 1999 Lisa graduated from Cambridge University with a first class Masters degree in Natural Sciences. She was ranked second in the university, won two university prizes and was made a scholar of New Hall.

She gave up the opportunity to start her Ph.D to work at Sky News, where she says the weather presenter's job suits her with its mix of personality and science.

Outside of work, Lisa's primary passion is music and she plays many instruments including piano, violin and tin whistle. Her father was Pipe Major of the Killeshin Pipe Band.

Lisa currently sings with the BBC Symphony Chorus and she has performed in the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall.

Lisa also enjoys swimming, jogging and dancing and has trained in Irish, tap, salsa - and even Egyptian!

She has also had lessons in fencing and kick-boxing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rte_200_3.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

She is well fine. I saw her ages ago but havent seen her anytime recent and I was watching sky news for about 4hours straight the other day n all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Ryaner
    I saw her ages ago but havent seen her anytime recent and I was watching sky news for about 4hours straight the other day n all.

i normally only see her on Sunrise

I'm pretty sure that she hasn't been on-air for over a month now.
    I heard somewhere that she was still working on her doctorate while working at Sky so perhaps she is taking some time off to concentrate on that.
    There's alot of men hoping she will be back soon - mornings just are the same without her.

She might also have taken some time off for elocution lessons. Personally, I love her girly voice, but I also heard that she was considering revamping her image so she could take on more serious presenting roles.

Capt'n Midnight, where did you get that pic? Is that really her? When was it taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I saw here appear for her last day around Christmas time on sky, she was very easy on the eye and ear on early mornings. I don't know where she has gone to, maybe you should ask Mick of Mick's world.
    <snipped at Micks request, dont ask me... I dont understand it either - DeV>

She's back on the Sky News weather today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

she has her own blog/website afaik can't recall url

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

one of micks galleries/ all of micks galleries have a url www,lisaburke.co.uk which has been registered with somebody but now work done on it. nice lass (looking)

Advertisement