Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allocblock:full

Options
  • 10-01-2004 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

** Executing...
    ** Command: Change Directory
    ** Parameters: C:\SIERRA\Half-Life

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\maps\dust.map" "C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\valve\maps\dust.map"

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qcsg.exe
    ** Parameters: "C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\valve\maps\dust"

qcsg.exe v2.8 (Jan 31 2000)
    ---- qcsg ----
    entering C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\valve\maps\dust.map
    CreateBrush: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9... (0)
    CSGBrush: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9... (1)
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\halflife.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\xeno.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\cached.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\decals.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\fonts.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\gfx.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\liquids.wad
    Using WAD File: \sierra\half-life\valve\spraypaint.wad
    added 2 additional animating textures.
    2 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qbsp2.exe

qbsp2.exe v2.2 (Dec 28 1998)
    ---- qbsp2 ----
    LEAK LEAK LEAK
    3 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\vis.exe

vis.exe v1.3 (Dec 30 1998)
    ---- vis ----
    1 thread(s)
    LoadPortals: couldn't read C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\valve\maps\dust.prt
    No vising performed.

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qrad.exe

qrad.exe v 1.5 (Apr 6 2000)

Radiosity ----
    1 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\lights.rad']
    [1 texlights parsed from 'C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\lights.rad']

No vis information, direct lighting only.
    9014 faces
    1427137 square feet [205507776.00 square inches]

************ ERROR ************
    MAX_PATCHES

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\SIERRA\HALF-L~1\hl.exe
    ** Parameters: +map "dust"

I kept this map really tidy, but im getting ''allocblock: full'' when itry to connect to a server with this running. I have yet to add the light on the map. Any ideas why this map wont run?

Cheers

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the "LEAK LEAK LEAK" error is because a bit of your map is outside the "world". Make sure your sky is completely surrounding your map.

Can't remember what max_patches is.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

There were times when I found that only a complete re-texture of the whole map could fix some of my previous MAX_PATCHES errors (If I remember correctly - Been a long time since I've mapped) mainly because I used to 'shrink' textures an awful lot and some of the sides of objects (Often the ones that were hidden) ended up being textured on a microscopic scale (The texture going SUPER small and ending up with sizes like 0.03 and **** like that)

I can't remember if that was the max patches error but I first suggest that you check 'EVERY' object and make sure there is no ghey texturing for a start, then see to it that you have at LEAST one light in the map. And of course, like RaVeN said, make sure you have the map completely concealed in the sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

allo_block: full means you have too many wads in use..

get rid of a few :)

and do a search for zoners compile tools.. qrad and qcsg etc dont cut the mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

afaik, you should be ok with 8 wad files, its borderline though and yes get zoners
    Make sure your sky is completely surrounding your map.

yeah, but its probably better to find and fix the leak instead of taking the easy way out and putting a skybox around the map, you'd notice the improvement in r_speeds

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

It's not so much a question of how many texture wads, just how many textures you've used... Of course, having more than say 3-6 wad's is a little much...

I used to use Wally to rip all the textures I needed from other wads and pack them into my own, thus cutting down from 5 wads to 1 and making life a LOT easier...

However, if you use too many textures and you're texture memory exceeds, what was it, 4.12mb (or something) you will most likely get an error.

• Advertisement

oh yeah, sorry, i forgot about the texture limit, tools-map properties shows that, the 4megs allowed though i've never had any problems there, normally for a full sized map for me it never really exceeds 3megs

but anyway back to the original compile report, i see two errors a) leak,leak,leak- the map is either not fully enclosed by world brushes or there is an entity outside the map b) max patches - mainly caused by scaling a texture down too much

ever released any maps there angelofdeath?

only one, didn't go down too well so i havent done much since, focusing more on video editing now, heres a link to the map

http://countermap.counter-strike.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002883.html

No offense, but it looks more along the lines of basic HL than CS - But of course, first maps never go down well at all 'ANYWHERE' (Anyone remember de_gravel?)

You should keep it up, though.
    I was never a good mapper at all, but I have stuck to it and managed to produce one or two pictures that raised an eyeborw or two (Even if just by a fraction) and knew that if I ever bothered to complete a map, I'd get some satisfaction out of it.

yeah, i would but at this stage im not interested in spending months working on something people will just say is crap and not play anyway, the scene is overpopulated anyway, dont mind making prefabs though, quick n' easy, but no, im much more interested in making movies now, even just for myself i get more satisfaction out of a well put together movie

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Anyone remember de_gravel?

NO! :p

@ angelofdeath.. YOU WERE IN SREQ? I'm sure i've met you so... oscl old skool :D

just looked at those pics... looks kinda nice :)

the 0002 one reminds me of de_prodigy, the rest remind me of cs_siege :)

Originally posted by DRakE
    angelofdeath.. YOU WERE IN SREQ? I'm sure i've met you so... oscl old skool :D

ssshh!! noones supposed to know! yeah i remember that, raped we were, but we were total newbs, with no clan experience, very little online experience and not a tactic between us. let us never speak of that again!:o

Advertisement