Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec Dragon Midi Tower Mod

Options
  • 09-01-2004 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I was wondering if anybody owns the Chieftec Dragon case. If so, what is the best way to cut a window into the side panel.

Im currently waiting on Komplett to deliver the case. They do not have the pre-made door with window in stock so I will attempt it myself. I would like some advice please on this mod. What materials will I need?

Thanks in advance.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Depends what tools you have access to.
    There are more than likely a plethora of guides on the web to doing exactly this, but have you considered ordering the door from somewhere else?
    www.elara.ie or www.overclockers.co.uk or someone?

At the very minimum you could use a drill and drill holes around the spot for the window then file down the edges, or drill one hole (a bit inside the line so that you don't leave a notch affterwards) and get a jigsaw with a fine-tooth metal blade and carefully cut around the design with that.

As for mounting the perspex, there was a thread on this board about that allready, if you do a search you'll pull something up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

hiya joobz

try http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/default.php?language=en

excellent sites for those needs, i have the same case and ordered the last of the side panel windows on the 12th of dec from komplett but still havent recieved my order :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Most people attempting this would use a dremel multi-tool. It's not easy, and an average sized window would need 2 or 3 cutting disks (depending on thickness). If you want rounded corners, you can use a large hole-saw (I have a 79mm bit for making fan holes which is ideal)
    If you're using a window-kit, then the edges don't need to be perfect as the rubber mount will cover about 1cm of casing around the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

i know this is abit late but have a look at www.hitide.ie irish company i bought my cheiftec dragon case from them took about 2 days to get me in waterford it was fast as for the side panel they also sell them for under 45 euro.

Advertisement