Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support for the Chilis?

Options
  • 08-01-2004 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing rumours that System of a Down might be supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers when they play in June... anyone else hear that? I would be quite surprised but happy because they are a great band.

But I never seem to get these type of things right , so has anyone heard anything else about the line-up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I heard it was The Distillers and someone else.
    I forget who the someone else is. :)
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

I heard it was Who's Eddie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

DISTILLERS?????????? shoite. i mite have to go to this skangerfest now :( System are probably one of the best bands I've ever seen too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Considering that I can hear the Phoenix concerts from my garden, I may just have to move if the Distillers are playing.

Not a RHCP fan, so I hope someone good is supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Support for the Chilis?

Zimmer frames I would imagine. I wish these grandad acts would call it a day. Or go and tour russia or something and stop coming over here every 5 minutes.

Oh, and the Fun Lovin' Criminals can f uck off and stop playing here/buying bars/opening pizza joints while we're at it... we must be reknowned as soft touches among american rawk-mongers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Don't forget Bon Jovi and Metallica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by Attractive Nun
    I'm hearing rumours that System of a Down might be supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers when they play in June
    Wow if this was me 3 years ago I'd be going psycho right now trying to get a ticket :D . It's not enough to provoke me to pay 60 yoyos for a Chili Peppers gig now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

man... this is interesting.. i had resigned myself to not going to see the chilis and therefore, (barely) passing my exams, but if system are supporting i might have to reconsider...
    oh the decisions..
    anyone going to glastonbury?

Originally posted by butterfly
    anyone going to glastonbury?
    Hopefully. If it doesn't clash with my Leaving Cert. that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gracie

i heard it was the reformed pixies.

but that was probably just made up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 slutblood

Originally posted by memaeve
    I heard it was The Distillers and someone else.
    I forget who the someone else is. :)
    xm

Were did you hear the distillers were playing ? **** if they are playing I might have too buy a ticket ! And I hope the SOAD thing is true coz I just told my friend and she nearly shat herself !! lol

No! I'm really scared now, don't blame me if that's wrong!
    Someone told me that they were supporting, that's all.

Who's playing at Glastonbury?
    xxx me

Awww Ok ;) Emm It said on NME.com that Paul McCartney, Doves and Damien Rice are playing at Glastonbury but I dont know who else ?!

Cool, thanks,
    xm

Originally posted by slutblood
    Awww Ok ;) Emm It said on NME.com that Paul McCartney, Doves and Damien Rice are playing at Glastonbury but I dont know who else ?!
    Ok I'm well on the way to being put off the idea of going now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Holy Bullplop!

System? Distillers? Reformed Pixies? *drools*

Please God let any of these be true. Although a reformed Pixies would be more of an attraction then the Chilis...so I doubt it.

But anyway...*dances*

But you just know it's gonna be someone ****e. Damn scangers with their lack of musical taste.

hey luce, if you do music, you can't go to glastonbury..
    it's ironic in the most cruel&unusual ways. makes you wanna cry. but don't, short circuiting &the like...

the pixies will no way in hell be supporting the chilis. nooo sir. they're only coming back for 1tour, &they won't be supporting any huge mainstream band along the way, ya know..? i heard they might be playing the olympia.
    can you imagine the pixies playing slane... holy God.. twould be deadly.. no scobes...

It's cool-I'm finished on the 18th. I don't think my friends are finished till later though so I dunno what the scéal is. It'll probably have to be Reading or something of the like so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kim

**** the chillis! If The Pixies played on the edge of Olympus Mons, we'd all be building rocketships. *Tink, tink* Oh I've started. Just in case. Don't wanna be left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciaran 0

If Frank Black doesn't like playing to other peoples fans at festivals, why would a reformed Pixies play to 78,000 or so people who didn't give a **** about them

• Advertisement

No! I'm really scared now, don't blame me if that's wrong!
    Someone told me that they were supporting, that's all.

Who's playing at Glastonbury?
    xxx me

Strong rumours are the The Cure are headling one of the days..

Originally posted by kim
    **** the chillis! If The Pixies played on the edge of Olympus Mons, we'd all be building rocketships. *Tink, tink* Oh I've started. Just in case. Don't wanna be left behind.

Lol :D

Yea, that sucks about music.
    Oh well, gives me time to study I guess. I can picture it now....me sitting at home listening to Berlioz and Mozart while my friends are out celebrating the end of the big 'aul LC. Hooray.

:D xxx me

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby

Oh God, my friend'll freak if she doesn't make it to that if that's the case!
    xm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

muse

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby

Good god you nearly just killed me :D That would be so cool they are my Favourite band ever and I never got too see them ! Aww Roomers suck first the distillers now the cure I hope at least one of them is true :dunno:

Originally posted by lordgoat
    muse

Now that'll kill me.
    Say it ain't so....:confused:
    xm

I can picture it now....me sitting at home listening to Berlioz and Mozart while my friends are out celebrating the end of the big 'aul LC. Hooray.
    don't forget raymond deane pet, you know that's what everyone's really looking forward to- the dynamics of the music say it all.. 'play as if with hammer'.. man..

muse are headlining? oh God. and here was me thinkin metallica & (puke puke puke puke oh i hit my shoe) slipknot were somehow going to make up for it.. how wrong could i have been, really?
    witnness on this year- heard it might not be? if it is, any word regards to acts?

That's the first I've heard about Witnness not being on, it better be!!!
    Haven't started Deane yet, but I know EXACTLY what I'm in for. Stupid contemporary sh**e.
    xm

Originally posted by slutblood
    Good god you nearly just killed me :D That would be so cool they are my Favourite band ever and I never got too see them ! Aww Roomers suck first the distillers now the cure I hope at least one of them is true :dunno:

I am big Cure fan since the early 80's and it's great too see interest in them growing again these days....so many youngs bands namechecking them and getting an inspiration award from Q.....makes me feel justified in listenin to them all these years :D:D

• Advertisement

muse are playing witnness apparently...

&i heard today the cure release a rarities &bsides album sometime timhis year, & a DVD thingy... so there's hope..

Advertisement