Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S-video = B&W I'm not watching the wizard of Oz

Options
  • 08-01-2004 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

There's a Geforce4 MX440 installed on this computer and the s-video is running in black and white only, I tried getting TVTool to fix it but it didn't, googling wasn't much help either, has anyone a quick fix please? I have the original drivers installed on it, they are no more than 6months old.
    Tanx.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Make sure the output is set to PAL and not NTSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Beat me to it feylya :)

If it's in NTSC and your telly doesn't support NTSC it should have a bit of a flicker and look distorted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I'm pritty sure the tv support NTSC, I'm looking for the manual anyhow, I can't find any setting for pal/ntsc in the 'handy' nvidia software pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

right click on the desktop, properties, settings, advanced.
    got to the Geforce4 MX440 tab.
    i can't seem to access it without a tv plugged into my s-video socket, but there should be an option in there called "output type" or somesuch, it's set to autodetect, set it to s-video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Thanks guys
    I eventually found the ntsc setting and changed it to pal and composite seems to work here instead of s-video, I might watch a movie before bed now :)
    Mr. Sparkle also thanks you
    http://members.boards.ie/fabritzo/P1010026.jpg
    He wants you to taste the bubbling foam of his vengeance(right voice bubble)

• Advertisement
Advertisement