Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphastates + Random - Jan 22nd - TBMC

Options
  • 07-01-2004 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Alphastates [formerly Babelfish]
    Mixing smooth electronic grooves with bittersweet vocals, Alphastates strike a beautiful balance between technology and emotion. With their debut "Good Stuff" EP receiving rave reviews from all n' sundry, their live show should convert any heathens left in the wilderness.
    http://www.alphastates.com

Random
    Seemingly appearing from nowhere last year with their delicately crafted debut EP, Random have been gathering ferocious momentum in recent months. After a sell-out showcase in the Sugar Club, and with an album just around the corner, now is the time to catch them live. Check out their site for some sweetly free Mp3s.
    http://www.rndm.com

Shuffle
    If all thats not enough for yiz... the show will be followed by Shuffle, the new Thursday night club in the TBMC. Free in to all. Music policy is anything goes - indie|eclectic|beats - its all good.

Doors - 8pm

Adm - 10 euro

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

should be an excellent gig with alphastates on the road to greatness.

such great songs,divine music,lyrics that strike a chord with your soul( instead of the usual numbeness) and catherines voice,i couldnt attempt to do it justice ,but it is sublime

listen for yourself at

www.alphastates.com

Their debut album made from sand is out on feb 2oth,could be the album of the year if their previous releases are anything to go by.......

i hear random have potential too....

should be a good night.

i`ll stick whats left of my critical reputation on most people who hear alphastates loving them......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley

i hear random have potential too....

should be a good night.

i`ll stick whats left of my critical reputation on most people who hear alphastates loving them......;)

Yeah, I really think they're both on the verge of going places. 2004 should be a good year.

There's going to be a comp for free tickets to the gig next week on www.irismagazine.net - so check it out if you get a chance.

Sorry to bother y'all again but if you'd like to win tickets to this go here.

..but id rather pay in after all its only 10 euro`s and these great bands need all the support they can get..............

should be a great gig.Alphastates are the bees knees:D

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    ..but id rather pay in after all its only 10 euro`s and these great bands need all the support they can get..............

Where have you been all my life?

• Advertisement

i am your guardian angel:D

expect a big alphastates crowd too.........

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

Yeah i heard RNDM getting a mention on the dave fanning show
    the other day as great irish hopes for 2004...looking forward to the gig...
    it sounds like the music centre is finally getting its act together again.

... still developmental but check it out anyway - "how" button is not working yet. When it does it'll teach you how to Shuffle .

cant beat the aul shuffle.....:rolleyes:
    bye the way that alphastates album has been put back a month or so and will now be released late march.........

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

alphastates are really good.i d urge everyone who can go to go!

What more can one say about Catherine Dowling on vocals?:D she is indeed a david lynch kind of babe......:rolleyes:

see you lot on thursday i hope......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

alphastates,i see the band have now a forum on board.ie?

check it out........:D

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    ... still developmental but check it out anyway - "how" button is not working yet. When it does it'll teach you how to Shuffle .

Jeez.. just noticed how sh1t that website is! Sorry dudes I'll redeem myself when I get the time.

Anybody go to "Sorry about the late notice but..." on in the TBMC last Friday? Best gig I've been to in a long time - just really good fun, visuals (bits from Family Guy and The Office), bands were really good too - especially Andalucia.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

Couldnt agree more...it was great to see tbmc jammed again, its been a while. The new seating arrangement went down better than any of the bands. Things are looking up for the new thursday night indie club. The word is that the tunes are edgier and the admission is cheaper than your ordinary decent thursday night music venue.
    "money dont make my world go round, im reaching out to a higher ground"

Heya,

Yeah its cheap alright - admission is free, theres gonna be some excellent booze promotions popping up over the next few weeks too (remember the Kitchen on Tuesday nights anyone?)... don't want to say too much in case I fnck it up.

The music policy is very anything goes, there'll be a lot of the usual indie crowd pleasers but also some stuff you can have a good shuffle and laugh to - Outcast, Snoop Dogg, Chemical Bros, Blondie, Electric 6, Ol' Dirty Bastard etc. There'll be a couple of really stinkingly cheesey tunes thrown it for good measure.

The vibe in the bar will be slightly different with more album tracks and some stuff you mightn't have heard much of before but still recognise as good tunes.

Cheers,
    Spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

can i come paddy?

Originally posted by polarbelly
    can i come paddy?

Only if you promise to behave and don't lose any keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

yeah saw the seats/bench things.are they brand new?well, thumbs up to tbmc. i think they really help give the place atmosphere. good thing is if you want to stand there's lots o space inbetween them or at the back (where people ALWAYS stand seats or no seats much to the:( of any bands playing!) .

shuffle - like the name. how most irish people dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    Only if you promise to behave and don't lose any keys.

dont start me about that feckin key episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Don't even try and talk to Derek when a band are on. Its like talking to a mannequin, or Ethan Hawke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Originally posted by furryvision
    Couldnt agree more...it was great to see tbmc jammed again, its been a while. The new seating arrangement went down better than any of the bands. Things are looking up for the new thursday night indie club. The word is that the tunes are edgier and the admission is cheaper than your ordinary decent thursday night music venue.

Advertising on Phantom FM is a cheap and effective means of targeting the customers you want. "Word on the street" sort of mentions on a messageboard is just a bit crap and tacky really.

How low can you go? Not as low as our new low low prices etc...heehee

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    97.3 Phantom FM

PS Alphastates rock and I will certainly be there, before I head to Phantasm, at Whelans. Thats Phantasm, Whelans, every Thursday from 11pm. ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pete Reed
    Advertising on Phantom FM is a cheap and effective means of targeting the customers you want. "Word on the street" sort of mentions on a messageboard is just a bit crap and tacky really.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    97.3 Phantom FM

PS Alphastates rock and I will certainly be there, before I head to Phantasm, at Whelans. Thats Phantasm, Whelans, every Thursday from 11pm. ;)

We did actually do a Phantom ad for the gig - Alphastates + Random.

We also did billboards, A3s and flyers for the club - not bad considering its free in... unlike another club I could think of. ;) You should stick around for shuffle, for a bit of a change... you might like it, its certainly worth checking out considering it won't cost you anything. ;)

Originally posted by furryvision
    Originally posted by Spoltbrat
    We did actually do a Phantom ad for the gig - Alphastates + Random.
    We also did billboards, A3s and flyers for the club - not bad considering its free in... unlike another club I could think of. You should stick around for shuffle, for a bit of a change... you might like it, its certainly worth checking out considering it won't cost you anything.

Look, you can plug whatever you want here, thats one of the reasons for the boards existence. The top posting was just a bit "salesmanlike" though, and thats why I commented on it. Best of luck with your new Thursday night Indie club, Im sure you will do just fine.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    Phantom FM

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    97.3 Phantom FM

Sorry, but I find this whole message very "salesmanlike" no?

Heehee,

That would be on account of it being Phantoms messageboard maybe? ;)

And jaysus, I was only taking the piss out of furryvisions posting. Some people are just sooo sensitive.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    97.3 Phantom FM

the gloves off boys:D :D:D

ill stick to alphastates,c what happens afterwards:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:)

No gloves needed. Post made, I took the piss, it was interpreted wrongly, I clarified it, and here we are. Irismagazine is good, Im sure shuffle will be good (although not a patch on Phantasm of course) and Im really looking forward to seeing Alphastates tomorrow night. Smiles and tea all round.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    97.3 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

all round i hear:D

besides if you two start swinging punches tomorrow,Catherine will sort you out:D

i hear in her younger years in kilkenny she had a great right hook:D i`d advise you lot to treat her like a lady otherwise.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    Don't even try and talk to Derek when a band are on. Its like talking to a mannequin, or Ethan Hawke.

yes a strange concept i know but sometimes i like to listen to the band on stage (unless their 66e of course!)

ha ha spoiltbrat, it looks as though this thread is proof of yet another attack of your often admitted message board induced paranoia.

anyone taking the piss outta paddy on a computer please be nice and put a :D after said piss take. he's not the shiniest coin in the well!

i'll drop into tbmc tonight for my punch in the eye :D

Originally posted by der
    i'll drop into tbmc tonight for my punch in the eye :D

You better! I've started the Windmill motion already, my arm might be a bit tired by the time you get in... then again it might have no feeling so I'll be able to hit harder?

My anti-paranoia pills aren't working - must have been a bunch of placebos I got from the doctor last month (or six)... I bet it was, I knew I couldn't trust that fncker.

From now on every time anyone puts a response big-upping another message on this board put up by a friend I'm going to comment on it - seems to be a fair way of doing things...:D I'm sure I'd never have to though.... :D

• Advertisement

And jaysus, I was only taking the piss out of furryvisions posting. Some people are just sooo sensitive.

Hey Pete,
    Mailed you about this. I think the fact that the club clashes with yours, which you then advertised yourself (as you are entitled to) was just too much for my paranoia.
    Can't we all just get along?
    I hate Dublin - too fncking small! I don't actually know why I post here, I'll probably see you all outside Tower in five minutes.... Tower girl (the American one that isn't there anymore) mmmmmm.... sacrilicious....
    Later.

Advertisement