Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am,plez dont shoot me

Options
  • 05-01-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hey - i love BF1942, tis my favort game by far. Iv been trying to get the game to work on my collige network recentlay but is proving pritty hard. i managed to get both starcraft and wolfenstin working, simply by applying a crack and deleting the one player games and other extra stuf like vids.i simply pop them on a cd and drag them on to the destops of the uni pcs we want to play on. with BF though i get the problem of cd key when i try to start and join a lan game - any body know any away around it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

buy bf in bulk.

cracks are illegal you bold bold boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

not if you own the original Jim no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

well, yes they are illegal. even for his purposes i think he can play max 2 player lan [with the 2 bf discs] after that he'd have to buy other copies.

[cause its copyright protected you naughty naughty girl!]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ah yes. Trying to run games on collage networks.

OK. So what you seem to be doing is deleting half the necessory files to make the games small enough to fit on one CD then just simply copy n' paste the filed onto the uni pc's? People must learn how install's work. You cannot simply remove files which you think it does not require. It needs the majority of these [though not the bink video files :) ]

The CD Key error you get may just be cos you deleted some important files. Or due to the fact that you are using multiple BF's on one server all with the same CD key. Thats a no no. You need a cd key for each if you wanna play online but it should be ok with the same CD key.

Cracks are also a no no. They are legal if you yourself own an origional copy of the game. But if you do read the licence agreement [that you clicked accept to and didnt read] it should mention something about changing the bf1942.exe files which cracks do. Therefor you do break your licence agreement with ea by using cracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

To run BF, you need to install it, or copy an installed file over the network, none of this deleting unneeded files lark.

I myself run many games nights here in leixlip, co. Kildare with loads of mates, we all use the one copy of the game copied over the network, but we all have genuine cd-keys cause we all own the original, you can get programs to change cd-keys and even generate false ones that will work on LAN but im not going to tell you where ;-) i use them legally, you won't be im afraid!!

You can get expelled from college for doing such things too cause you are using the college computers to do illegal stuff, when i was in DIT Kevin St, we all played CS/NS/DOD/half-life non stop, all false cd-keys too but we all had terminating buttons that would shut the whole thing down if administrators walked in, which they did cause they knew what we were doing. i'd be very careful if i were you, it can be dangerous and someone will cop on to what you are doing eventually!!!

Advertisement