Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Frame Houses

Options
  • 05-01-2004 12:48pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Am doing a self build and am considering and am about 90% deciding on going with a timber frame house.
    Has anyone any experiences of a timber frame house

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Theres a few views here
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

am in a similar mode myself, all I can say is don't bother your arse with Century homes, great website, good info, I went through their designs for ages, phoned them yesterday to get a salesperson to call around for final questions before placing an order......they are not in the business of single one-off house for the next 3-6 months, I said fair enough I wouldn't be building until that timeframe anyhow, could I still have a chat with a salesperson, no was the response as they have none available.
    THis sounds to me like a company that't up to their eyes in builder contracts and will not be even thinking about one-offs for the next year or so.

After Century, IJM seems to be the next in line, but some threads alude to their once-off houses being not so great quality.
    Can someone who has an IJM once-off house please comment on this, I hate open-ended statements that could have no foundations?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks Slave1
    I will be submitting my plans in the next few weeks to them all to get quotes so I will let u know how I get on

Advertisement