Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civ 3: Conquests expansion pack

Options
  • 04-01-2004 8:40pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do people think?
    Was it worth splashing out for 4 new wonders, Fascism, and the Irish being moved to Religous/Agri.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Carbon Blob

It's more of the same really, I got it for all the new civs etc not having had Play the World, and I reckon it was worth it. I've played a few games in the regular sp mode, and the move to agri/rel has bumped us up a good bit! Expanding is easier at the start thanks to the extra food, more cities = more swordsmen, and the swordsmen crush everything nearby in the ancient age. Deserts can no longer stop the glorious celtic hordes (+1 food on irrigated desert tiles)! They supposedly did something to make the multi smoother from PTW, never had PTW though so I can't compare.

The conquests themselves are supposed to be great fun, but I can't be arsed to try em, too bloody lazy to bother looking up a whole new tech tree and new units :) There's 7 or 8 of em I think, offhand I remember the rise of rome, the fall of rome, napoleonic europe, age of discovery, WW2 pacific, and one in samurai-era japan. In each conquest you can play as any of the sides for some extra replayability, in the age of discovery one for example, you could be the Aztecs trying to fight off the conquistadors, or the Dutch looking for some new colonies.

If you've got regular civ3 and like it, I'd give conquests a shot (2 exp packs in one after all), if you've got PTW then it really does just come down to if you want those few improvements and 8 built in scenarios to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I have to say I like it a lot. was annoyed that it included PTW as well as I had already bought this , but I reckon its worth to increase longevity and enjoyment etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

as an aside I have tried googling for tips on strategy for engaging in war and what civ's to pick etc and general tips but have not really found anything that I like at either civ3.com or apolotyon or what ever its called could any one point me in the right direction please ?( or mail me pm me some tips ?)sorry for going off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Stop! Stop!
    Damn you Infogrames!

I've wasted enough of my life going, "just one more turn and then I'll go to bed"

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've wasted enough of my life going, "just one more turn and then I'll go to bed"

...I know that feeling, I'm surprised I'm still married...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Civ games can ruin your life, but you know NOTHING until you get into a great MMORPG............. months have dissapeared in days..... :(

Advertisement