Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot Rock School

Options
  • 02-01-2004 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know anything about it? (the performance course).
    I'm interested in going there but would appreciate some feedback from people who went there or people who know people who went there etc.
    Thanks,
    xxx me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I went for an interview there for another course and saw the big q for people being interviewed for that course and there was many a hot person in the q! needless to say i'm not going there anywho now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

rock school...

it just sounds so funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Doesn't it just?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

The traditional method would be to ask the college themselves or a guidance councillor type person for information. But, to uphold the good name of the Phantom board...

the Popular Music Performance course in the Ballyfermot is known by pretty much everybody as the Rock School, because, its so ****in rockin!! yeah!!

um, its a 2 year course, at the end of which you receive one of them highly useless FETAC awards which you can wave about all over Europe and be laughed at. this being a FETAC award in sitting around and smoking blow, its more comical than most FETAC awards.

if you wanna apply for next year, then go along to their open day, should be on the first friday of February, and then get an application form, which has to be by the start of March. They have interviews for the Rock School in April, which involves Matt Kelligan and his troops sitting through several days of the finest Guns n Roses riffs Satan has to offer.

But its a fun cours, so why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, I'm going to the open day anyway, and I do know about the course. I'd just like to hear from people who have been there.
    Thanks,
    xxx me

• Advertisement

Trinners for winners ;)
    ...Ballyfermot sounds like a lot of fun though. I mean I'm sure there's merit in it. Otherwise it wouldn't exist. It's probably good experience for you if you want to solely perform. Someone on the Turn msg board said Mundy went there and he does really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by luce
    Trinners for winners ;)
    ...Ballyfermot sounds like a lot of fun though. I mean I'm sure there's merit in it. Otherwise it wouldn't exist. It's probably good experience for you if you want to solely perform.

Oh master, thank you for the beautifully condescending manner in which you allow the lower classes to get educated without having it handed to them on a plate on their way to Trinners.

Eh...I was only messing (hence the winking smilie). I don't go to Trinity.
    Sorry if I came across in that way or caused any offence 'cause I honestly didn't mean to. Maybe you misunderstood me-I was actually defending the Rock School. Achille was saying that all you do there is smoke blow and I was pointing out that a certain amount of merit must come out of the course 'cause if it was completely pointless, surely it would be scraped.

Oh and just for the record, memaeve is my best friend and has been since birth so I'd never sneer at her.

Awww...happy families?
    :D
    xxx me

It's all good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

merit...merit...merit...

Mickey Joe Harte went there too!
    Obviously the course has good points, it means you can sit around and practice but still say that you're getting a qualification. you can learn to perfect your rock star strut. i think they've got a new recording studio in this year, which is nice.
    the best part i suppose would be that you get to play at their showcase gigs in Whelans in April.

thats another thing you should go along to actually, i think its the last two Wednesdays in April, and the first in May this year. They're cheap in and theres loadsa people from the Rock School there for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

And I quote.... "The TSB Rockschool, the overblown and super ****"

Originally posted by Achille
    the best part i suppose would be that you get to play at their showcase gigs in Whelans in April.
    There ya go! That's a fantastic oppertunity!

Is that the same Mickey Joe that's on the gigsmart ireland messageboard d'ya know?
    Thanks,
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

merit...merit...merit...

I believe he has dropped the "Joe" now. Let's get it right people! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No, it's not him, thats a different Mick, a much MUCH hairier one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

I see. Pardon me.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Originally posted by Giblet
    No, it's not him, thats a different Mick, a much MUCH hairier one.

While it is nice to be talked about on other forums, I'm not THAT hairy ..... God Damn it!!!!

Thanks very mucho Giblet

Mick:D

Advertisement