Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally P4p800 up and running with a 1.8 p4 mobile cpu

Options
  • 02-01-2004 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭

and its not the best clocker after seeing bigtoes(asusboards.com) impressive results (he managed 3.6 from his 12*300) i was encouraged however mine seems to top out at 3.1 with sensible voltage so itll stay at that (still not bad for a £50 chip)

Its in a p4p800 (about to be flashed to enable pat) and is running 12*258 1:1 (mobile cpus default to a 12 multi if u arent aware) using 512mb adata pc4000

what i am happy with is the quietness of my new pc
    Antec slk3700bqe with 120mm intake and exhaust (7v akasa blue fans), cpu cooled with zalman 7000 on low and a leadtek 5900 with a zalman heatpipe with another 7v 120mm blowing over the heatpipe and the northbridge sink silence is indeed golden

ocresults.gif

3dmark 01 something up with thts far far too low

01_3.1_425900.gif

03.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pat enabled :)

pat2.gif

Mem bench (loosetimings and buffered what are the settings fro unbuffered?)

sandramem2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Wow very nice results there cyrus and your keeping it quiet aswell thats a big thing!! I take it your happy with your new 5900 then yea?

happy enough mate :) but surely i should be hitting 18000 with this setup in 01, 03 is about right

ive also heard that the reason ive only hit 260 fsb with this cpu is due to lack of heatsink pressure, one of the guys on abx told me he jumped from 260 to 305 fsb (3.6hghz) by changing hs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

3dmark2003 is a very good score!! THe 2001 isint that bad, an Xp3200+ & 9800pro gets 17,500 ish. How heavily overclocked is your 5900?

305mhz FSB ohh dear god!! Would be sweet if it had HT but still an awesome chip. Are you thinkin of replacing the heatsink?? Thermalright mabye?

Makes me feel like upgrading again........:mad:

ht would be nice, ive heard tho that the p4ms outperform the ht enabled p4s clock for clock?? no one knows why tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Afaik, thats Pentium M (Centrino) you are thinking of, not P4M, which is just a P4. Still nice results, I surprised a P4M is so cheap. Wonder if they would be useful on a MiniITX board as a cool and cheap PVR machine?

Matt

no im not thinking of centrinos mat :)

Bigtoe the resident expert at abxforums mentioned it, i cant say for certain but he maintains there is a performance diff clock for clock even with ht enabled!!

Well, you are in a position to prove it one way or the other yourself! Do you have a standard P4 (ideally 1.8GHz) available?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i thought centrino meant the whole package but they really only contained p4m chips

thats is quite a massive overclock i have to say quality. how much volts is that above the default voltage? and whats your load temp?

stock voltage (1.575) and load temp 38 degrees,

as i said matt im not the one making the assertion but this other guy did however he is a bit of a guru and ocz rams development guy!! he tests an awful lot of hardware!

he got a p4m 1.8 d1 (same as mine) to 3.6 on air, he reckons the fact my hsf (zalman 7000) doenst bolt down means its not making good enough contact with the core (mobiles have no heatspreader) i agree with him gonna try an slk900 asap

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i thought centrino meant the whole package but they really only contained p4m chips
    thats is quite a massive overclock i have to say quality. how much volts is that above the default voltage? and whats your load temp?

Yep, thats right, but just wasnt sure if everyone knew Pentium Ms without referring to "Centrino"! :p

Matt

Advertisement