Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last nights poker in Devs

Options
  • 02-01-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Have to say I had a great time, learned alot, and thanks to the guys for having us over to their place.

I was happy to come away in 3rd, paid for my taxi home at least.
    When there was 5+ people in the game and everyone was playing a bit loose I did ok getting a decent stack in front of me. But when it came down to the last 3 my stack seemed to dwindle alarmingly, most of it going to Hyzepher, who had probably the worst run of early luck I've seen but still only managed to buy in once, fair play.

Roll on the next bout of p0k3r!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Bah. very disapointed that I could not make it. Looking forward to the next one.

MrP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Had a great time last night - thanks to Dev etc for having us over. With a bit of luck we might manage a regular Boards.ie night out - either in one of our pads or in the Fitzwilliam etc.

Thanks again for every1 who made it a great night

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds good. Hopefully we will be able to host tournaments again some time soon. Either way, I wont be able to play in them myself so if you're having another game together, let me know. I just hope I will be able to make it. My day job requires me to wake up at 7am and I wouldn't get home till about 6.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Twas great craic thanks again to Dev and the lads.

I was awfull pissed off I had to head to work, leaving my tidy little stack to go back to stack heaven in Hyzepher's shiny chip case.

Let us, as they say, do it again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Twas good fun alright, even though I watched more than played ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Thanks indeed. Twas fun though the final two is awful hard work.

Must be done again soon.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bah!

I thoroughly enjoyed it but going out 4th was soooooooo painful. I worked hard all night to bounce from a dire run of luck at the start to being nicely up later on. Couple of dodgy hands and then I walked in Hyzepher with a monster when I should have laid down my two pair semi-bluff.
    All that dodging and weaving with 9,3o and run-filling lost in one moment of madness. Next time I'm sitting to his LEFT, lol!

Everyone was well cool and we all had a good laugh so that was the best part of the night.

I learned a good bit too. It was interesting to contrast some peoples styles over the night (Hyzepher playing a tight game with a few of the rest of us playing extremely loose and fast!).

Getting a poker was nice too, pity none of you bastards took the bait!

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by DeVore
    Couple of dodgy hands and then I walked in Hyzepher with a monster when I should have laid down my two pair semi-bluff.
    All that dodging and weaving with 9,3o and run-filling lost in one moment of madness. Next time I'm sitting to his LEFT, lol!
    DeV.

Not really a moment of madness, you were just out foxed by a better, more handsome player. Not your fault really - its hard to keep up with my dazzling skills - LOL

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

fúck you. fúck you in the goat ass. :cool:

DeV.

Advertisement