Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards Online Friendly game

Options
  • 30-12-2003 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of software that we can all just go into a room together and play a friendly game together, It might be a fun idea to play some more with each other.

I know Victor Chandler does have 'play money' rooms, I wonder could we take one of them over and get a fun/practice game going

*gerire wanders off to check

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 8080

We could play over IRC (internet relay chat)

See the rec.gambling.poker FAQ

The advantage is we could operate our own poker rooms just for ourselves; the trouble is finding a server to run the IRC bots needed. ISPs charge big money for this: in excess of €40 a month

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You can probably run IRC bots on the Irish IRC server (ask Ronin) but Yahoo Games will let you create a room for nothing and its a friendly (no real cash, just virtual credits) game. You can make it private if you like but its limit Hold Em which I find a little frustrating...

DeV.

Advertisement