Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible taste

Options
  • 30-12-2003 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

looking around at the different threads. I have to bemoan the taste of the majority of hip-hop fans here. I have been listening to hip hop for 12 years (more than some, less than some) but I can't understand how a majority of the hiphop fans here like such tripe. examples - "bone-thugs and harmony" - the only reason they made any impact was because they were promoted by easy-e who died of aids. mase - ? wtf he is terrible. 50 cent it criminally bad - you have to wonder when a emcee's main boast is that he got shot nine times. Maybe dre should head down to iraq and find his next protege. Anyway, I am not the first to bemoan the quality of hip-hop but I am shocked that the majority of people here like such tripe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well I think it just goes to show the diversity of the genre. I'll agree, Bonethugs were a gimmicky group and I can't believe that they made more than one album but tbh, who the fúck are you to tell us that our taste is shít?

This forum is for the discussion of rap and hip hop, not solely for the discussion of underground groups who have mad skillz and why we think nelly should die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

not necessarily underground, great hip hop bands like wu-tang, outkast, roots are all fairly mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

dude i've thought about this long and hard and i reckon boards heads in general just have no taste... its the same on all the other music forums, dont hate what you cant change. bear in mind also that you get a funny demographic here as well, its not like boards is all united in a common purpose anymore, its like a town floating in space... how many people in your local town do you agree with on anything, never mind hip hop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Plenty of people here have good taste in Hip Hop.
    Well. I share a similar taste shall we say.
    It's all down to your own opinion and if 50 Cent floats your boat that's fine, each to their own.
    dude i've thought about this long and hard and i reckon boards heads in general just have no taste...

What you have got to remember is people probably think your taste in music is pure shite aswell. The gate swings both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

So if I like 1 song from 1 group and liked it, I have bad taste in music?

Sorry is there any other bull**** that you want to come out with? Kold's right - nobody has the right to tell me I would have bad taste in music because music is dependant on the people listening to it. If 1 person likes the song then it's a good song....even if it's only to 1 person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

never got the entire rap thing,
    lissen to the odd snoop if on mtv base tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

That's about as usefull on a rap/hip-hop forum as me going to the For Sale forum and starting a new thread to say I have nothing to sell atm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

This threads going nowhere

Hip-hop is no different to any other genre of music, no-one like it all, and individual taste is relative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement