Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the memory "timing"?

Options
  • 26-12-2003 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

When buying memory I know it is recommended to go for branded memory even if it is a little bit more expensive but what's the "timing"?

I see things like 2-4-2 1T, 3-3-6 2T, 2-2-5 1T, 2-2-2 Timings in memory description but I don't have a clue what it means, what is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The lower the better!, especially for the CAS latency timings, look for 2.0 CAS latency or 2.5 dont go for 3.0 that will hurt the performance of your rig. The set of three timings 2-2-2 are just diffrent charging timings for selecting rows and columns in RAM "arrays". Someone here will probably know what each one of those three stands for, but for your purposes just go for the lower timings.

Advertisement