Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how are you enjoying BB?

Options
  • 23-12-2003 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hopefully I'm not the only one who was connected last week but regardless of that,what a f*cking difference!

I was slightly cautious of the 'up to 10 times faster' promise hoping that I'd at least experience download times of about 30kb per second.

Since account activation however I've been aghast at DL speeds of up to 70kbps and an almost constant 50kbps.

Think I'll have a sniff around this Bittorrent thingie tonight.See how good BB really is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

welcome to the ever growing club ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ive been downloading at 117k at nights and 70-80 during the day, so I'm happy.

*cough* No Cap *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Giblet, what provider are you with may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Local wireless thing connecting to 1mb leased line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

It's well grand, but these 2 days have been quite very slow, it's either because of the Christmas period or because I've gone over the cap and UTV has taken my speed down to 64kb, how can I check with UTV how much i've dled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

There's a bandwidth monitor in your UTV account page, they haven't got it working as yet but either way, UTV won't be throttling you. If it keeps acting up get on the phone to them and whine, whine like you've never whined before!

UTV DSL rocks for everything except pings :[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

got a Leap connection last March & I've never looked back, its bloody great!!! :D

Advertisement