Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy GPU coolers?

Options
  • 23-12-2003 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace the fan on my 9800XT with something that has a little more cfm capacity.
    Any idea's where to buy them? I've had a look on komplett and overclockers but they don't seem to do GPU fans at all.

Cheers,

SS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This cooler here 80mm can be used in conjunction with this cooler here from Zalman. Not cheap but it would do the job.

Hold it are you looking to oc or to quieten down the Gfx card?. Cause that above would be just for quitening down a card not for ocing - your card will go up in flames if you do that :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Overclocking Offler!
    I had a look at the zalman alright but I don't want to be picking the melted PCB off my motherboard!

Umm the smell of melted boards in the morning:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sry for hijacking thread but i just bought a sapphire 9800pro ultimate that has on of them zalman heat sinks on them.

but here it says to use this fan on 9800 or higher do i need one of these or should i be ok i won't overclock it

• Advertisement

You would be better off getting active colling for that kinda card, but if your not ocing then you should be able to get away with it. If your not getting any artifacts then who cares?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

You will get away without the fan when using lesser cards alrite, but with the 9800pro id definetly get the fan to go with it. Such an expensive card, dont take any chances!! Just my opinion .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

I have the zalman + the fan on my radeon 9800 pro, the optional fan is just a thin 80mm so if you have a normal size 80mm fan lying around it should do the trick.

Regarding Kananga query I saw this product on www.pc-look.com

110010-011_p002.jpg

here is the link to the maunfacturer page
    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/
    I don't know much about this product but from what they say on there website it takes down a radeon 9800 pro from 79.6 c to 47.1 c at full speed.
    and it blows the air out of the case.
    Seems a nice replacement cooler to OC a radeon.

if I didn't already had a zalman installed I think I would have bought this one.

I don't see why this wouldn't work with a XT, might be worth dropping them a line just to be sure.

That's the one Fabre! I saw it a week or two ago and couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called or who the manufacturer was!
    Brilliant, Thanks for all the answers guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

Kananga,
    If you get one, please post your feedback, I would like to know how silent it is in silent mode and how easy it is to install.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

Lots of people on the graphics forums on the OcUK are using that cooler on 9800's. Its only €16 in PC World, which is a bit surprising. Some have modded the cooler to fit the 9800seAIW aswell.

Got a mail from them saying that they'll have a 9800XT compatible cooler available at the end of Feb. So I'll wait till then.

Advertisement