Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source of solder-tab AA batteries?

Options
  • 21-12-2003 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a source in Cork or anywhere else in Ireland for solder-tab AA batteries. The actual battery I'm trying to replace is a SAFT High Energy Series 1.2 volt, 700 mAh size AA Ni-Cd battery for my Remington shaver. Remington says it costs more to replace the battery than to buy a new shaver, and so they are willing (gee, thanks) to sell me a new shaver for half the new price. I suppose I could also use a newer higher capacity Ni-MH battery, as long as it has solder tabs. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

radionics.ie, maplin.co.uk, and farnell.com have what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Many thanks, Longword. I went to the Radionics and Maplin sites and found my battery. I'll probably have my daughter pick the batteries up in Dublin to beat the minimum charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

AFAIK Maplin should be opening in Cork (as well as Galway and Limerick) relatively soon - they're expanding a bit, and there's evidence of a shop here in Galway being open, or close to it.

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Thanks, Gadget. I may be going down to Dublin this Monday so maybe I can find the batteries soon. It will be nice to have a Maplin here in Cork.

Advertisement