Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clash - Album Archive 20/12/03

Options
  • 18-12-2003 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

London Calling - The Clash

To mark the first anniversary of Joe Strummer's death, which occurs on Monday 22nd, this week on the Album Archive I'll be re-presenting last year's London Calling show. You'll hear live versions, alternative versions, b-sides and album versions of the tracks, aswell as a run down of the genesis, recording and release of this timeless record. So tune in to 97.3 Phantom FM this saturday at 6 for maximum Clash and doffage of cap to Joe.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

Great (and timely) choice. Made my Top 3 for the poll on here. As I read somebody say about it once, 'If you don't like this album, you don't like rock n roll'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Anyone see the Clash documentary on telly? "Westway to the World?"... good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by magpie
    Anyone see the Clash documentary on telly? "Westway to the World?"... good stuff
    It is indeed very good. But the one they showed on BBC wasn't the full version. There was about a half an hour cut out for the TV. Well worth having a look at the whole thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Of course it still wasn't as good as The Filth and the Fury, which is a brilliant film. And on telly over christmas on RTE I think.

Advertisement