Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next step for starfleets warships

Options
  • 18-12-2003 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

What do you think will be the next step for the feds warships ?

I think DS9 type rotating turrets on a large warbird sized ship ....Imagen it 20 -30 type xiii phasers 10 or 15 turret torp launchers.....hmmmmmm enough firepower to make worf and the adverage klingon cream himself :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

interphasic torpedoes (or is that already provided by the quantum torpedoes?).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They have transphasic torps :)

Q-torps are just really powerful photons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i think quantum's should become standard and all photons be phased out for a start. oh and those multivector assault mode ships like the prometheus could be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I think Star Fleet should invest in defiant or defiant sized ships, with the Jem Hadar encounter with the Odyssey proved how a small ship (manned by less crew uses less resources to make) with the right fire power can bring down a much bigger ship, kinda like the second world war when in the Pacific when battleships once feared before the conflict proved almost useless when confronted with small dive bombers.

didn't they smash into the odyssey though or was that something else?

• Advertisement

yes they rammed the galaxy class

and btw they could get though the odysseys sheilds because their beam weapions where phased or someting .......later on in the war galaxy class ships where kicking ass like it was 1999 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Also , and yes i know its been covered, but Star fleet should really try and get around the treaty that forbids them to develop cloaking technology. Also what the hell happend to Cardassian technology? ok granted their warships arent the best, but saying that how come they didnt deply some of those "smart" missiles like in that episode of Voyager? It would cause the Fed and its allies to devote resources to counter act them, like again going back to ww2 when Nazi Germany launched the V1 to England , granted the still lost the war, but the Allies had to keep aircraft back from the front to shoot down the menace, thus not deploying its full air power against the Axis forces , or the Japanese Baka aircraft against the Americans.

treaty of algeron i think it was. the cardassian stuff aint that bad in TNG they where afraid of it.

the missile i think was the dreadnought early VGR episode i think

they where never afaird of cardie ****

their ships arent even a match for a excelsoiur

ah they feared a war and their galdor class ships a bit

• Advertisement

The fed would be afaird to go to war with a stone age civ .......their all nice and greenpeace like ....untill the **** hits the fan and they start trowing 20,000 captial ships at ya :)

no way they where ****ting there load

anywho improvements. like was mentioned more defiant class small warships could be lashed out there good ships and they should start decommisoning the older miranda class, excelsior class etc. theres only so much you can refit them.

i presume they can just continue to upgrade the phaser straight etc. and why can't they develop some cool energy weapon like the breen why are their weapons always so conventional?

Advertisement