Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitter and disillusioned - recommend a pro for a 7 handicap in Dublin

Options
  • 18-12-2003 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭

I haven't hit a golf ball in 3 months. I used to practice at least twice a week (it was driving range practice but it's still hitting a ball) and play every second weekend (at least). I was getting somewhere near the end of August and had two of the best rounds of my life, was leading the player of the year in my society going into the last round, at my home course, and played the worst round of my life to finish out of the running. So as a result, I lost interest immediately in the game (been playing for 14 years).

Now, sob-story aside, I want to start next year afresh. I'm not a member of a club, but I'm willing to pay whatever is required and practice as much as needed to get some joy out of this game. Can someone recommend a pro that would be good for getting me down to something lower than 7? I've heard Wayne Westner's name mentioned, that guy McDaid in Rathsallagh, and a couple of others. At the moment Wayne Westner is my #1 choice as I've heard nothing but good things about him, plus he's in Celbridge which isn't that long a drive. Has anyone had any experiences with him??

Thanks,

Si.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mervync

nearly right you need paul mc daid thats brendans of rathsallagh gc fame brother operates out of bray pretty excellent teacher and golfer, scored more pts than leadbetter at tour school.........

Advertisement